Hey all,

Decided that I'd give the new single a go, has a couple of acoustic guitar tracks and vocals. Only took me a couple hours to record so tell me what you think

DMusic Site

Paolo
nice song
samey band

Can't spell crap without rap
official member of the 'say no to hip-hop' club =]

founding member of the 'i'm in the 8%of teenagers who likes real music' club
pm me or Johnsonville to join
Yeah that's all me on the tracks, I think it's a bit boring if I don't at least attempt to add vocals
Your singing's great, just horribly flat. Tweak it a bit, put it up a semitone or something. Guitar's a bit bright sounding... Might sound better with more of a reverb on it.
holy crap. vocals were amazing. that song would be pretty plain without them but that was pretty damn good. rhythm seemed a little off in some places but whatev who cares? 8/10
It's a good effort, but I can't get away from those flat vocals personally... it really detracts from the song. Your voice is good, it's just off on this attempt... tweak it to the right key and it'd be a huge improvement.

It's quite a plain song guitarwise, but has lots of layers... perhaps adding a few more would excite it somewhat. Still, what was there was done well.

Good effort, just get tweaking and it'll be great
An eye for an eye leaves everyone a pirate.
Quote by fuzzybunny
Your singing's great, just horribly flat. Tweak it a bit, put it up a semitone or something. Guitar's a bit bright sounding... Might sound better with more of a reverb on it.

Quote by LazyGuitar
It's a good effort, but I can't get away from those flat vocals personally... it really detracts from the song. Your voice is good, it's just off on this attempt... tweak it to the right key and it'd be a huge improvement.

It's quite a plain song guitarwise, but has lots of layers... perhaps adding a few more would excite it somewhat. Still, what was there was done well.

Good effort, just get tweaking and it'll be great

Cheers for the honest crits guys! This is exactly what I was looking for, and I agree. I'm working on a better version just now but it's that final push I need to bring it into the "sounding good" stage. Keep the suggestions coming and I'll keep practicing! (Oh how the guitar part drones after the 10th take!)

Paolo
Would you mind posting/linking the tabs for this song? I love Snow Patrol and my friend absolutely loves this song.