Ok, I'm buying a new left handed 7-String Schecter Omen 7, and from all the reviews I have read the stock pups suck badly...so I intend to replace....

I was thinking of getting Seymour Duncan Distortion mayhem set

should I?

and also how easy is it to change ones pick ups

O and please no 'I should not buy the guitar' from anyone as apart from the sound it fits my specs almost perfectly and looks great to, so no sarcasm or anything lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Last edited by _mr_jack_ at Jul 31, 2006,
Upto you. And changing one's pickups is easy, providing one posesses a soldering iron and knows how to use it.
cool lol so do you think it would be worth it chagin the pup keeping the guitar isn't overly expensive?

Also, i would have to take all the strings off wouldn't I? wouldn't this compromise the neck as on string chaging tutorials I have seen always say don't take all the strings off at once as this ma casue the neck to warp slightly and therefore cause tuning stability?!?
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.
Last edited by _mr_jack_ at Jul 31, 2006,
Pfft! Please! I take the strings off my neck, and pop em on all the time! (It's a modding project! D: ) What REALLY happens is that the string is anchoring at the tunning post on the tunning machine. And by anchoring I mean it's getting wound tighter and tighter around the tunning post.

All that in one sentance: Don't worry about it, nothing will happen to your neck! (Unless you change gauges, but meh, that's another paragraph for another day! )

Hmmm.. you can sell the pups for some dough, btu it may be expensive. Though, you WILL get ripped off paying someone else to change out the pickups! D: And soldering is pretty easy anyway....
ok looks like DIY it is lol
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal

Quote by shawnson