for 500-600 what would be the best buy for a bass amp?

for bass i usually play funky and progressive, so i usually like to have a lot of high end, but not tinny

suggestions?
hmmm, i would go with a carvin combo, but they are a little over 600. so if you are willing to save up more, go with carvin, if not, gallien krueger would be the way to go
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
buy the behringer bx4500h head and ba410 cab. i think i bought mine for around $550. i love it and it is LOUD. i can shake my entire house with the volume on 2 1/2.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Behringer are some of the poorest manufactured bass amps around, don't get a behringer if you want quality good tone, and somehting that will last a whle
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
look around the used market, craigslist seems to be a good place for bass equipment, i'd say find a nice used Laney, Trace Elliot or Ampeg.