I may be crazy, but I really like his playing, and every other bassist I talk to hates him. I have been playing for a year, and I havent seen anything quite like Noels playing. Maybe you guys could shine some light on it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I don't think it's a matter of people disliking him, it's a matter of people being ignorant and caring not a damn thing about his bass playing. When you play bass for Hendrix, as unfair as it is, you really aren't going to get the respect you deserve, same goes for Mitch Mitchell.
She was stealing sponges, I knew it!
No, that's not it.

I don't like him because 90% of the good basslines on Hendrix records were recorded by Hendrix, and the ones which added nothing to the songs are Noel Redding. Also, towards the end of the Experience, even Billy Cox (Band of Gypsies) began to take the basslines, even though they were credited as Noel. Noel wanted to play guitar and hated playing bass, and used the Experience as an oppurtunity to promote his band where he played guitar and nothing else. Everyone else who played in the Experience has gone on to say that Noel hated bass and was lazy on bass.

And that's why I dislike Noel Redding. Love Hendrix, the basslines, and Billy Cox though.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by jeeba jaba
I don't think it's a matter of people disliking him, it's a matter of people being ignorant and caring not a damn thing about his bass playing. When you play bass for Hendrix, as unfair as it is, you really aren't going to get the respect you deserve, same goes for Mitch Mitchell.

I think mitch mitchell was a great drummer.....he got way more credit than Noel.
To be fair though, Hendrix knew he was awesome, he knew he could get away with doing as he pleased, great player, but what a ****!! Noel, yeah, he was kinda boring bass player, and true, Hendrix did play bass towards the end of the Experince. Noel other band was shockingly bad though.
Hendrix played bass at the beginning of the Experience too... Hell, the first song on a US Experience album is bassed by Hendrix.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!