Yeah, I don't have any friends good enough at guitar to consult, and I've been looking to buy a new guitar. I have a squier strat, i love it, but i think its time to move on. I will hopefully, get my new job soon and have money to pay for one, which i should have about 1000 to spend on a new amp and a new guitar. I've been looking at some schecters and maybe another fender, a new strat or something. Alot of the shcecters caught my eye, but i don't know much about purchasing guitars, so I'm in need of outside input. Same goes for a new amp. I play pretty much everything, so i need a versitile amp and guitar, so any suggestions would really help out alot.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
You should get a Fender Mexican Fat Stratocaster (or an all american one, Mexican ones are cheaper) Thats what I have.. .they rule..
schecters are pretty good METAL guitars but not many are that versitale. I'd look at a high-ish end epiphone les paul, like the custom. and maybe a vox for the amp? it really depends on if you're going to play gigs anytime soon.
Want to play everything? Get a "fat strat" - Stratocaster with two single coil pickups neck and centre, and a humbucker in the bridge position, and a Marshall amp. The AVT series are very versatile.

The Fat strat will handle all but the heaviest metal, and pretty much everything else you can throw at it, from blues and jazz to post-rock. The AVT, in my experience, does whatever you ask it to do at the twist of a knob or three.

If you have anything else, pick yourself up an EQ pedal and a nice overdrive.

You're set for life.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
The only 'fat strat' in my price range is this one. And i found an amp also. Are these good? They are perfectly in my price range. Im also gonna get some effect petals, but not till christmas. But are these good selections for what i want?

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Save up a tich more and get those two- that would be a great combo. It may be years before you need to get another guitar.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Jul 31, 2006,
if you want a guitar and an amp for about $1000, i would buy a mexican standard strat and a fender blues jr amp. you will get a real good tone with that setup. it will probably cost you around $750 or so too, so that leaves you another $250 to buy pedals or pickups or whatever you want.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Quote by AssassinLoki090
The only 'fat strat' in my price range is this one. And i found an amp also. Are these good? They are perfectly in my price range. Im also gonna get some effect petals, but not till christmas. But are these good selections for what i want?

those are pretty nice. the amp is nice and really LOUD. but personally, i dont like the real heavy distortion that it puts out. i like the distortion on the fender blues jr. or hot rod deluxe much better, not as much gain, more of a crisp sound. the fender amps have tubes too, the marshall doesnt. but i wouldnt discourage you from that setup at all, its real nice. i just think that the fender amps are a little better, at least ot my taste.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Alright thanks for the input guys. Helped me out alot and hopefully ill have the new job soon so i can get the last bit of money i need.

Quote by soulfly_freak