I have a Line6 spider 2 112 amp and have an IbanezRG2570E and a Jackson DKMGT.

My problem is this, with my Jackson in my amp it buzzes, on clean setting it has a buzzy kind of fuzz. My Ibanez with the same cable and same amp does not get this problem at all. I am think it is something to do with my Jackson's input socket. The thing is sometimes this problem just disappears for a while and other times it will be there for ages.

I bought my Jackson while I was in America (I live in England) so I can not go to that shop, it was said to be new but I think it was used. I got a great deal so I don't actually care but I want to know how I can deal with this problem.

Any help is much appreciated.
im not sure but my amp decides to do it too. im not sure if you have a connection problem with the guitar. look at where you plug ur amp lead in, and remove the plate (use a screwdriver), and check for a loose or badly fitted connection. if there is one, then tighten it with a pair of pliers. i had the same problem, and i did that- and it does actually work.
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:
Gain:0
Bass:0
Mid:0
Treble:0
Presence:0
Master Volume:0
Well actually maybe there is something wrong with your amp, but more likely its from an electrical appliance near it.

People say that like cell phones give a light buzzing sound, or a popping kind of sound whenever one is near it. My amp makes these ranom popping sounds whenever someone turns off a light. Which happens a lot cause im in a dorm, lol
its not the amp cos the ibanez doesnt have the same problem. i know that line 6 spiders are pretty decent and reliable, my friend has one, and so i think ur right- its the input socket. try what i told you on the jackson.
Yeah, icanseeyou is right. sometimes when a someone calls your cell phone (sometimes regular phones too) nearby radios and amps buzz just before the call. either that or, no offense, or your amp is crap. i would trust your instintcts that it was actually a used amp.

Jason A.
It is not the amp, I have had it for over half a year now and the Ibanez still works perfectly with it. I am trying the pliers thing Slash_cardy suggested.
Can't see any loose connections, tried tightening some with pliers, I still get the problem but it is not quite as bad. So I will try again later. I only really here the problem on the clean channel, but probably just because the distortion is so much I can't really hear it on that.
it could be the output jack, or it might be the pickups or something with the wiring.
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
Sometimes when my tv is on and I turn on my amp it buzzes but I'm not sure if thats your prob
The Walking Dead
Does it buzz only when it's plugged into the amp? Or does it buzz acousticly as well?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

ok there is no loose connection, but the noise is decreased. thats ok
Quote by flyingjew34
Does it buzz only when it's plugged into the amp? Or does it buzz acousticly as well?

I don't think a guitar can cause an amplifier to buzz when it's played unplugged
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Had another route round the electronics. It is working for now. It sometimes just works so I am not getting my hopes up.

Thanks for the help so far. I don't think it is electronics around the amp because the only electronic thing that I use is a CD player and that does not cause it. There are computers downstairs but the noise is not consistant with them, it comes from the playing.
Stopped working, I think I need to get it seen to properly by someone who knows what they are doing.

I just had a thought, the buzz only occurs when I play the lower strings, the harder I hit them the more buzz, it is in drop C tuning, could the strings not being right for the tuning be causing the pickups to pick up a kind of buzz because the string is too loose? This is just a thought.

Tried tuning it up, still the same. But it definately gets worse the harder I hit the string so it could be something to do with the pickup??? They are EMG HZ by the way.
Last edited by RandomHeroJr at Jul 31, 2006,
Quote by RandomHeroJr
Stopped working, I think I need to get it seen to properly by someone who knows what they are doing.

I just had a thought, the buzz only occurs when I play the lower strings, the harder I hit them the more buzz, it is in drop C tuning, could the strings not being right for the tuning be causing the pickups to pick up a kind of buzz because the string is too loose? This is just a thought.

Tried tuning it up, still the same. But it definately gets worse the harder I hit the string so it could be something to do with the pickup??? They are EMG HZ by the way.

...Does the guitar buzz when unplugged?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
want you want to do is get a socket wrench find the same size socket as where you plug your chord into your guitar and tighten it, if that doesn't work buy some hand made guitar cable its like reinforced, feels like rope, that reduces buzz, if that all doesn't work buy a sound compressor or buy a distortion pedal with a sound gate preferably (Line 6 Tone Core Uber Metal)
Quote by Bazilisck311
...Does the guitar buzz when unplugged?

No. How could it, it has no power.

And I don't think all of you understand exactly what it is like so I will try and record it tomorow, I can't be bothered today.
Quote by RandomHeroJr
No. How could it, it has no power.

And I don't think all of you understand exactly what it is like so I will try and record it tomorow, I can't be bothered today.

No, I understood at first what you meant, lol. I had to ask, just to completely knock it out of the picture. The logic would be: the strings are buzzing the frets which can amplify the buzz noise through your amp.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
I think I know what it is now, it is the volume knob. If it is on 9 or 10 it makes the buzzing sound, yet on 8, with the amp turned up I don't seem to get the buzzing noise. I will check properly tomorow when I can do it louder.

There are actually no numbers, they are more just guesses. Also the gain boost when turned on creates the same buzzing.

*EDIT* Actually it might not be that, I do get a buzzing noise coming from bottom string, no amplification. So that is probably it, more than the volume, the volume is probably that when the pickups are fully active they pick it up better. So, how can I stop the string buzzing?
Last edited by RandomHeroJr at Jul 31, 2006,
I feel stupid now, it was infact the battery. The battery was running low, today my guitar was barely working. So I changed the battery, it works perfectly.

Sorry for being an idiot and thanks for the help.
Quote by RandomHeroJr
I feel stupid now, it was infact the battery. The battery was running low, today my guitar was barely working. So I changed the battery, it works perfectly.

Sorry for being an idiot and thanks for the help.

Congratulations Well atleast we now know in full the symptoms of a dying battery
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
lol at least its sorted now lmao