I currently have a OLP MM1 ernie ball copy that i got about a year and a half ago. I'm looking to trade in for a strat. But I don't have any cash, like none at all. My OLP has some painted chipped off the headstock, a small crack in the body by the pup switch, and a decent amout of scratch's on the back of the body. It's basswood body, maple neck and fretboard, two humbuckers that came with it(not sure of type), floyd rose floating bridge, locking nut, but its phototop finish(picture)
I'm looking to get a (used preferably) standard strat, i'd prefer to stay away from a the squires (been playing for 8 years and beginner guitars don't really suit me). Do you guys think that I will be able to trade in for a low quality standard strat? If not, any other suggestions of guitars? I'm looking to get a dark ritch tone.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.

If you go for a used or old Standard Strat you should be able to.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Well I live in little old hick town PEI.. the population here is like 3 thousand for the entire provance or something like that.. SO there are only two music stores on the island and 2 pawn shops. I was at the bigger music store this morning and they dont have any used strats there, just squiers and all the new strats were from 400-800.
Quote by DispsablePuppet

I just got an idea.. would it be a good idea to sell the body and buy a standard used peice of **** damaged body(what I want) with all the hardware and just use my olp neck on it. The paint's chipping so I could just chip the rest of it off and it will match the fretboard and neck, what do you guys think of this idea?
Quote by DispsablePuppet

Don't think your gonna get much for the OLP
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Quote by Ernieball
Well I live in little old hick town PEI.. the population here is like 3 thousand for the entire provance or something like that.. SO there are only two music stores on the island and 2 pawn shops. I was at the bigger music store this morning and they dont have any used strats there, just squiers and all the new strats were from 400-800.

Lucky son of a gun. I live in a town of around 100 thousand and we only have one music store and two pown shops.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I was just at the pawn shop, they had a Squier strat. Good condition, black body(not sure type of wood), rosewood fingerboard(22 fret), maply neck, S-S-S pup setup.. 199 comes with a hardshell.. think I could trade straight up without the case?
Quote by DispsablePuppet

Anyone? The shop closes really soon.
Quote by DispsablePuppet