I have an Ibanez RG320 DXQM and I want to replace the pickups some time soon. The wood is basswood. For the bridge, I want the hottest pickup there is. I want to hear my pinch harmonics sizzling. For the neck, I'd actually prefer a single coil, but my guitar is H-H. So is there a humbucker for the neck position that sounds crisp and aggressive like a single coil?
We're only strays.
for the bridge try a dimarzio humbucker from hell, ooooor a dimarzio X2N i think those would work, you could get a gibson P-94 which is a p-90 which is basically a single coil and put it in the neck it's a p-90 in a humbucker size
i know the gibson dirty fingers is very hott but i dont know if its good for metal and pinch harmonics
tom delonge uses it
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by ledzep1023
i know the gibson dirty fingers is very hott but i dont know if its good for metal and pinch harmonics
tom delonge uses it

If Tom Delonge uses it, it must be good
Well just whatever would really make my harmonics go over the edge. That's the main thing. If I could afford it I'd get a Charvel EVH, because that's pretty much everything I want in a guitar, especially the tone.

Chad, would the X2N go well in basswood?
We're only strays.
i hate tom delonge i was just saying thats a player i know of who uses it
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects: