I have an ibanez rg 120 and it is one of the best all around guitars you can get for $209.99 dollars. When i bought this guitar i was amazed at the quality of it. I was also amazed at the action, it has the playability of almost any $1000.00 dollar guitar. If you are a buying or first for even fifth guitar, i would definetly recommend the Ibanez Rg120.
i have to agree. though i did get it for 250, it prefer its playability over my dads gibson lespaul custom...the ibanez wizard neck (i believe thats what its called)...its so nice i can play higher frets much easier.
Fender American Strat --> Vox Crybaby --> Keeley Rat --> Marshall AVT 100
Have you ever played many $1000 dollar guitars? Playing one les paul doesn't count because they're over-rated.

Sorry, but with the name ibanezrg120plyr, you can't really help it if everyone thinks you're a little overzealous. I am an RG player, I swear by them, and yes, the necks are wizard IIs (mines a through though), but I imagine you will now get flamed to death. If you like your guitar, write a review instead.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Pfft. Pre-GIO RG1xxs are sweet. My 170 is the best $110 ever spent. I don't want to get rid of it even though people tend to think it's firewood... but in fact it doesn't sound so bad with a nice setup.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by orangeacid
Have you ever played many $1000 dollar guitars? Playing one les paul doesn't count because they're over-rated.

I don't see how a great guitar, with the same design since the 1950's and still selling great, can be overrated.

Quote by orangeacid
Sorry, but with the name ibanezrg120plyr, you can't really help it if everyone thinks you're a little overzealous. I am an RG player, I swear by them, and yes, the necks are wizard IIs (mines a through though), but I imagine you will now get flamed to death. If you like your guitar, write a review instead.

You have a neck-thru?! I played an RGT320Q the other day, and I was flabbergasted by the awesomeness of that guitar. What kind do you have?
Quote by mikeman
You have a neck-thru?! I played an RGT320Q the other day, and I was flabbergasted by the awesomeness of that guitar. What kind do you have?

RGT42DXFMTLF. yeah, what a ridiculously long name

I got what my dealer believes is the first one into the country, and I think they've stopped making them now. I've heard reports of duff ones but mines great. It's got a matte finish as well which makes sliding your hand up the neck really smooth and comfy

The 320Qs are sexy as fck!
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
and in response to the first quote, I'm not saying that they aren't good, I'm just saying that I know a lot of people who like to sound like they know what they're on about by very loudly proclaiming their love for something they've never tried. No offense intended.

You cant really compare a LP to an RG anyway.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
Quote by orangeacid
RGT42DXFMTLF. yeah, what a ridiculously long name

I got what my dealer believes is the first one into the country, and I think they've stopped making them now. I've heard reports of duff ones but mines great. It's got a matte finish as well which makes sliding your hand up the neck really smooth and comfy

The 320Qs are sexy as fck!

I envy you. How much did it set you back?
Quote by mikeman
I envy you. How much did it set you back?

£550 from Soundcontrol, one of the UKs biggest dealers. Cheaper than the 320Qs I belive

What have you got now?
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
Hey, Im planning on buying a DT 200 Destroyer from Soundcontrol for £200!

Is that worth it?
Quote by orangeacid
£550 from Soundcontrol, one of the UKs biggest dealers. Cheaper than the 320Qs I belive

What have you got now?

Schecter C-1 Classic, soon to be the proud owner of an RG1570.

That's a damn good deal. The 320Qs are $1999 here.
Ok so I'm lookin into buyin an rg120 and everywhere I find a picture of one online it has a whammy bar. But in every guitar store around here they all are whammy bar-less. Anyone kno why this might be?
Elitists and Hypocrites