So I just started learning how to sweep pick properly and I've gotten the basics down by doing a **** load of exersizes but now I'm looking for a song with a SLOW sweep picking section every song I find with a sweep picking part is super fast shred which I can't do because I'm still learning to sweep
good luck wioth finding that.

i cant think of a song.

just learn the notes and play it slw untill you can get the right tempo down
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
If I'm not mistaken, the first riff to "Welcome Home" by Coheed & Cambria is sweep picking, and doesn't sound all that fast.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
You are mistaken sorry. There's a pick rake at the beginning, not a sweep.

I know there's some A7X song that has some slow swept bit, but i can't remember which.
Quote by G-Rock
If I'm not mistaken, the first riff to "Welcome Home" by Coheed & Cambria is sweep picking, and doesn't sound all that fast.

Yeah I can play it, it's barely even sweep picking though

Then hell I'm looking for a song with "Arpegiated Picking" then but I'm more people understand "slow sweep picking" than "Arpegiated Picking"
Quote by codybcool
You are mistaken sorry. There's a pick rake at the beginning, not a sweep.

I know there's some A7X song that has some slow swept bit, but i can't remember which.

The pre-verse in "Burn it Down" has a lead that blends sweep and economic picking and it's played at a moderate pace with harmonics.

"Trashed and Scattered" also has a similar lead in the chorus that blends sweep and economic picking at an almost identical pace.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
the first bit of black star (after the acoustic intro) is pretty slow. By yngwie malmsteen.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci

I know it's supposed to be alternate picked, but I must say it's good sweep practice.
A Perfect Circle - The Hollow

|----------------14-----------------||----------------14------------------||
|-------------12----12--------------||o------------12----12--------------o||
|-----------9----------9------------||-----------9----------9-------------||
|--------13--------------13---------||--------13--------------13----------||
|-----11--------------------11---11-||o----11--------------------11---11-o||
|---9--------------------------9----||--9---------------------------9-----||

Kind of sweep picking.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Quote by Black Hole Sun
A Perfect Circle - The Hollow

|----------------14-----------------||----------------14------------------||
|-------------12----12--------------||o------------12----12--------------o||
|-----------9----------9------------||-----------9----------9-------------||
|--------13--------------13---------||--------13--------------13----------||
|-----11--------------------11---11-||o----11--------------------11---11-o||
|---9--------------------------9----||--9---------------------------9-----||

Kind of sweep picking.

What do you mean kind of sweep picking, that is sweep picking. The intro to Alaska by Between the Buried and Me is slow compared to other sweeped stuff.
A7X - Strength of the World, in like the middle of the song theres some slow sweeps/arpeggios there, nothing too difficult but a nice one all the same
Quote by rooster456
Its called Arepeggiated picking when its slow buddy.

It's called something similar. Maybe thats just a speeling error? (pun intended)
would the harmoney part in bat country be considered slow because it is pretty slow dont ya think?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Slow sweep picking = paradox.
Easy sweep picking = paradox

You have to play the intro of the songs slowly, there you go, slow sweep picking.
just find a song with sweeping and slowly paractice the sweeping until you get better at it. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.
"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last."
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
The best way to do it is just not worry about a song until you have the technique down. If you try to play along with the song, you'll end up doing it sloppily and form bad habits.