Poll: Better Solo?
Poll Options
View poll results: Better Solo?
gtgram14
12 43%
rich2k4
16 57%
Voters: 28.
How old are you two. Its hard to critisize, i loved it man, i listened to i dunno whos but a cover of voodoo chile and i really liked that keep it going dude
that was me.

im 18 years old
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Gtgram - I liked your opening lick. So far, I'm liking how you're playing. It's fits in smoothly with the backing. That sweep/arpeggiation you threw in there was a little eccentric, but sounded good. I'm not really liking the whole low tremelo picked notes. Or the whole tremelo part in general - it kind of sounds like you're running out of ideas. I'm liking the clean part though at the end. Now it's over.

Rich - I REALLY like your opening melody. It fits in awesome with the song. IMO the verse part kind of has a little GnR/Pink Floyd feel to it, which I like. Good little sweep you put in there too. Back to the melody. In the next verse, I heard a tiny slip up. But I'm just being picky because I can't find anything else wrong with it. Your version was nearly flawless, I liked it a lot.

Gtgram, props for accepting the challenge, but my vote's going towards Rich. His melody just fit in with the song so well.

Good job, both of you!
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I thought Gtg's distorted tone could have been a little smoother, a little too much for this track, atleast in the beginning. Also, the sweeps seemed out of place to me. The tapping and stuff near the end was a great touch though, many points for that.

I thought Rick's tone was much better, and you had an awesome Davi Gilmour thing going there, a really good choice of notes and where to hold them. The repetitive theme worked well, since there are no words, kept the piece grounded. Great emotion.

Overall, Gtg had some really good moments, but rick's was just very emotional and good throughout. I just felt more coming out of rick's, gtg's was a bit more flashy, though it was definitely cleaner, as rick hit a bum note or two. Still, my vote goes to rick.
again, gtgram ur track is absolutly awsome...so much feeling, u sure are a guitarist that can put ur heart into ur solos, but i have to say the tremelo picking solo part wasnt that interesting to listen to. but again great track.

rick ur track was very good to and i can see u have some good talent there, but i felt that gtgram's track was a little bit more melodic...
so i voted for gtgram
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Wow both of those are excellent and it's a hard choice but I have to go with gtgram14 just because the ending really eases you down but both you did an awesome job
my vote goes for gtgram. very much feeling, you really got the feeling of this song.

rich has some very good soloing licks but it's gets boring very soon. be more vertisaile(omg sp?)
Quote by preludetowar
again, gtgram ur track is absolutly awsome...so much feeling, u sure are a guitarist that can put ur heart into ur solos, but i have to say the tremelo picking solo part wasnt that interesting to listen to. but again great track.

Thanks dude thats what I'm all about. I'm 17 btw for whoever asked.
rich - Your are a decent player. Not anyone I would ever think about being in a band with, but a decent player all in all (vibratos are pretty nice, shows you are experienced). It sounds like you had an idea in your head for this song, you took the classic GnR style sad solo, but I kept waiting for you to bust out a little fast lick once and a while, but it never came

Gtgram - 17, a ripe age, I wish i was 17, then I could finally be a driving man, anyway... You had a weak clean sound, note that I'm not saying weak playing - Is this because of your equiptment? It was an alright solo, I think you should work on how clean your playing is, sometimes you go to do something and its like... you weren't set up to do it or something, it is just a LITTLE dirty (getting unwanted sounds in there), but fixing things like that can get you a spot in your dream band. It just was... I'm not sure, it kept me going unlike rich's solo

All in all, I'll have to vote for gtgram for this song. I think rich had better playing, but it didn't keep me wanting to listen to the whole thing. Gtgram's song just kinda went along, I could listen to it in the bground while I was working just like my normal listening library. If you have any questions about what I said.. or anything else.. just ask
thanks for being honest.

i threw in a few sweep srpeggios in there. but didn't want to go too crazy
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
i liked both of the tracks

rich - very good melody and tone and good riffs to keep things exciting. very structured and sounded well thought out

gtgram - i thought yours was good but at some points it sounded just like a buncha random riffs strung together to forum the song. i didn't think a lot of parts fit in and thought a lot of bends and such were flat.

i voted for rich
Great tone Rich! I thought it had just a bit more feeling and slightly better playing than gtgrams, though I liked both.
rich all the way for me, great tone, well structured, never stepped over the boundaries of the backing track. great work.
It was really difficult to choose... let me say first that there was no difference in the ability of both and you were really creative... you also had great tones and all. I'm voting gram just for a matter of personal preference, I just liked his more because there were some kind of climaxs in his solo, not only because some points were faster and some slower, but also because of his choice of tones for the different parts. But they were really really close.
i thought your opening lick was a bit much gram, my favorite part was when you kicked in the dist, sounded perfect

rich, the theme man, stuck with it, sounded good

sorry gram i could not return the vote you gave me, but it just seemed rich had the flow, anyways rockin contest, whoever made it up rules, and is a sex god!!
As in, gobias a cup of coffee
damn, my vote goes for rich, both songs were badass. As with everyone else, richs soun d sticks to the theme. I liked it alot!!