I have a Gig soming up in a couple of weeks, and i meed 4 songs in one guitar/vox, one bass and one drummer format, i like the who style, but don't know too many of their songs, it'd be great to have good guitar licks, good bass, and for the guitar to ease off so i can sing and play together in verses and chorus, but a solo in atleast 2 of the songs is a must. We are playing at a friends family reunion type thing, so we need music which will fit for the whole spectrum of ages.

Any suggestions welcome
GREENDAY!

Im just kidding.you could play some Van Halen.or you could take a song and make it for only one guitar.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
Shouldn't this be in Muscians talk?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Guns N Roses would probably be good as they have awesome guitar Riffs, most of their songs have solos and songs such as Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City, November Rain etc are very well-known so the familys might end up singing along
ACDC make good covers. Believe it or not we play living after midnight by judas priest. Goes down well. Knocking on heavens door by GnR.
hmmm, ACDC hadn't though about them, its hard to choseideal songs though because for this particualr gig, i'm the only guitarist and i'm the only singer.
Rolling Stones Start Me Up .... Watch Thier Faces Light Up After The First Bar
Maybe some RHCP.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Skynyrd that always gose down good but then again i live in alabama ...

*says to self* but thoughs people like it when we play lamb of god
as far as songs for a gig like this go, there are going to be a lot of people of many different age groups, so I would suggest a song that everyone has heard before, so maybe freebird or simple man, maybe dead leaves and the dirty ground by the white stripes. However, in order to make this fun, you have to pick a song that the band itself likes. So any classic rock, little wing by jimi hendrix has plenty of breaks in it that allow for singing, so anyways, that's my opinion
A lot of RHCP/Hendrix/Cream.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Sunshine of Your Love by Cream would be a good bet everyone knows it, it's pretty easy to get the sound and except for the solo it's a pretty easy song (and the solo's pretty easy to BTW, just a little trippy).
Sweet Home Alabama- sounds cheesy, but people aged 15-50 know it and can sing along.
sweet home alabama- lynyrd skynyrd
sweet child o' mine- guns 'n' roses
All Apologies- Nirvana
Times like these- foo fighters
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by endless_name
Skynyrd that always gose down good but then again i live in alabama ...

Skynyrd is the single most requested band at any of our gigs, it boggles my mind, sure they write great songs, but the talent of the band really isnt there...Simple man rocks though.

The best thing to do is play a wide variety. Play some reggae, play something classic, play a new heavier song, and play a laid back song, the key to being a great cover band is the ability to cover all the bases and all the genres of music so you appeal to everyone in the crowd.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
going w/ the skynyrd ideas what about learn freebird just incase one of the relatives shouts "freebird" while your playing something, like simple man or sweet home alabama.
smells like teen spirit simple yes but effective ccrowds normally love it

sweet child o mine probably a stretch but once again great crowd pleaser

whiskey in the jar is a great song to do live

emmm knocking on heavens door

i know its simple these songs but it means u can play them to ur full potential and make the crowd love u
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by El Codyo
Led Zeppelin would work, since the parents remember it and poser kids listen to it.

if someone likes a band it makes them a poser?
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
layla-clapton
sunshine-clapton/cream
fly by night-rush
anything stones, ie angie, start me up, so on
if you can rip of eruption start with that
iron man, crazy train-black sabbath
so on....

hope i helped
Quote by The 1
Hypathetically speaking, would jacking off everyday be considered OCD?

not that this applies to me in any way, i'm just curious...

Member#15 of the "Guitarists born in 1991 club." PM blues_rocker, greendayguitar, or gdm09 to join."
Sappy - Nirvana
Heartbreaker - Led zepplin
anything by green day (it's all the same)
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
all the small things - blink

easy and sounds not bad
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know