Hi,
I've been playing guitar for a while now and want to get a new guitar. I want to get a raw more powerful tone, something suitable for attempting really heavy metal riffs and also more laid back clean stuff...... My thoughts so far have been to get a Jackson...... Is this right??? Any other good guitars??? I've also heard that schecter are making some good guitars... what would you choose???

p.s if you could also recomend a model too that would be great....

Cheers
Personally, I would go with the Jackson. But in my opinion, Schecter can do heavy metal better.
schecters are badass
but i think jacksons are the best, theyre my fav. ive been playing for 8 years and jacksons the whole time, a starter would be a jackson dxmg dinky, those are really good
i actually have both, its a toss up, i suggest going and trying them out, the jackson deffinitely has a better clean sound, they both have their advantages and disadvantages, it all depends on your playing style and what you want
High End Jackson's are nice (pro, mg, USA, Custom) but schecter's are more of a bargain imo.

For schecters i'd recommend:
Hellraiser C-1, Hellraiser FR
any of the blackjack series (they have good stock pickups)
pretty much any C-1 or S-1 will do.

Jacksons:

DK2, DKMG/DKMGT
RR3, RR5
SL3, SLSMG
any pro series
any mg series except DXMG
Quote by MusicHead32
Personally, I would go with the Jackson. But in my opinion, Schecter can do heavy metal better.

Are you serious..., even though im a ibanez fan, jackson is the number 1 in metal it beats also esp in the genre of metal.... seriously.....

Schecter is only good cuz its cheaper than high quality USA Soloist guitar....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
The only jackson I'd buy over a schecter would be a top line soloist.
Schecter kicks jackson ass in terms of price to product. You can get a guitar just as nice as a soloist with EMG's and a OFR for like 800 dollars with schecter, where jackson wants like 2000.
Get the Hellraiser FR. Its IMO the most badass metal guitar on the market at the moment, Comparative only to Jems and Soloists. Both of which are about 2000 dollars.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
You guys are going to make my head explode. So Jackson is better, but actually Schecter is. But no...Schecter is good only for people on a budget.

WTf? Which way is it...really?
Get whatever guitar you like better personally, and then throw some EMGs in it.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

and a hellraiser already has EMG's in it, so if you got that there would be no need for throwing EMGs into anything
Go get your shovel.
I love my Schecter but I also wish I had a Jackson. All you can do is go out and play all the Schecters and Jacksons you see
High as tits
Quote by Chorduroy
You guys are going to make my head explode. So Jackson is better, but actually Schecter is. But no...Schecter is good only for people on a budget.

WTf? Which way is it...really?

If you ask for people's opinions on the internet you will get different responces, you have to chose for yourself.

I won't say which you should get, but my schecter is really a joy to play, so I can at least vouch for them.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
I won't say which you should get, but my schecter is really a joy to play, so I can at least vouch for them.

2nded
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Yea I definately wouldnt recommend a Floyd Rose to anyone who didnt know what it actually was and has a basic idea on how to use it.

But a hellraiser sounds just right for you.
I plan on picking up a Schecter C-1 Classic soon, but I want to play a lot more then metal and hard rock. Although EMG's can have some really good cleans
Quote by SynGates7X
and a hellraiser already has EMG's in it, so if you got that there would be no need for throwing EMGs into anything

Well, there you go! I would go with that one.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I would go for a Schecter, but if you can, look into some older Jacksons or Charvels on Ebay. Jackson nowadays is a cheapass with their pickup choice and neck profiles. Stupid Korea.
pffffff....just look at my sig
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
totally depends on how much your looking at spending, i would recomend a jackson rr3, but you obviously can get a better guitar if your looking at spending more
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
Quote by thrashfan
I would go for a Schecter, but if you can, look into some older Jacksons or Charvels on Ebay. Jackson nowadays is a cheapass with their pickup choice and neck profiles. Stupid Korea.

made in japan, not korea, even the x series. only the js series is made somewhere else...
btw, i prefer jacksons, i have the dk2 and i love it, the only bad thing is the pickups (duncan designed) which i'm going to change when i get the money, but the new models have real duncans stock...
if you have enough money then just go and try out which one YOU like best, cause neither is bad choice...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Aug 1, 2006,