i have recently started to work on shreding just to add it to my aresenal of techniques and what i have trouble with is not speed but accuracy...i have read most of the shred lessons include "speed and accuracy" but they are all mostly repetitive..so any other tips or tricks that can help me would be gladly apprieciated.. thx Luke
just work on your accuracy "with great acurracy comes great speed", everyone one can jingle their fingers around quick.
Quote by enjoieverything
but they are all mostly repetitive

That's what they're meant to be. If you don't repeat those exercises hundreds of times, they are useless. There aren't any secret exercises that the great shredders use/used to become good. They sat there and played the same exercises over and over.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
That's what they're meant to be. If you don't repeat those exercises hundreds of times, they are useless. There aren't any secret exercises that the great shredders use/used to become good. They sat there and played the same exercises over and over.

word
^Yeah - those excercises are there a reason, if you use them properly - they work. So, use them to improve your accuracy.

Take one excercise and slow it down to a speed where you can play every note perfectly accurate - don't stick the metronome up a notch, keep it at a speed where you know you can be accurate.

If the speed is slow enough it allows you to think of what your fingers are doing before they do it - which is what accuracy is. When you're playing fast, you don't get time to *think* about what your fingers are doing, you just do it - slow down the speed enough and you can be as accurate as you like.
yea, and you gotta remember that shredding isnt somehting you get in a week...takes lots and lots of time
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.