So I was playing my guitar (epiphone les paul special II) and I noticed the output jack was loose....so logically I tightened it. When I plugged everthing back in the amp didnt get the signal from my guitar. I know its a problem with the guitar cause I tried both my amps.....yeah. I don't really feel like taking a 50 dollar guitar in either so I do want to fix it myself. Any suggestions?
Quote by rockinsk8r91
well, if it only costs 50 bucks jus go buy a brand new one, or better yet an even better one

thats your only option
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by rockinsk8r91
well, if it only costs 50 bucks jus go buy a brand new one, or better yet an even better one

Yeah well money doesnt grow on trees for some of us....besides, Im pretty sure this is totally fixable....no reason to just throw it out you wasteful clod.
Quote by IamIronMan88
Yeah well money doesnt grow on trees for some of us.

Last edited by Chorduroy at Jul 31, 2006,

Tightening the input Jack
1) Open up the input jack's plate, do not tighten it from the outside coz it will twist and snap the connection inside.
2) Insert the jack, see whether the connection is proper, then only you tighten it. Make sure that the shield and tip connects to the hot (red). Also, tighten it properly so that you dont have to do it again. Always good to use plumber's tape if its loose.
3) Test out which wires go where by tuning ur amp on if you're not sure. Resolder the connection.
4) Screw back the plate.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03

Tightening the input Jack
1) Open up the input jack's plate, do not tighten it from the outside coz it will twist and snap the connection inside.
2) Insert the jack, see whether the connection is proper, then only you tighten it. Make sure that the shield and tip connects to the hot (red). Also, tighten it properly so that you dont have to do it again. Always good to use plumber's tape if its loose.
3) Test out which wires go where by tuning ur amp on if you're not sure. Resolder the connection.
4) Screw back the plate.

Thanks man thats good info, Ill see if I can fix it.
yeah i had the same problem, the wire just twisted off and you will need to solder it back on is all