Anyone hear the 100 greatest guitar solo Little Wing cover? who did that, and where can i get tAb?
Stevie Ray Vaughan or Jimi Hendrix. they both did it...amazingly.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
yea, thats not the one im talking about. like it sounds like4 guitarists, cuz at the end there's this one guy who plays this sweep sounding thing, and thats DEFINTELTY not vaughn or hendrix for the matter....
hmm sorry I've never heard it. good luck
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
i think it was probably the version by derek and the dominoes becuase its the only other one i can think of. And the great uncreative said it so its more than likely right.
Creator and Ruler of the I love Dane Cook club . PM me to join
lax brah

Derrrrrrrrr
The Derek and the Dominoes version sucked, so I doubt it was their'. Either Hendrix or SRV.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Stevie's version was voted number one for the "100 Greatest Guitar Solo's of All Time". And he didnt sing on it, so if the version you have has someone singing, its probably not Vaughan's version.
uhhh....Skid Row? I doubt it...
My Rig
USA Fender Stratocaster
Gibson ES335
Martin D16GT
Martin LXM
Squier Stratocaster
Santa Rosa Cuatro
Dunlop Wah
Marshall MG15
Marshall MS2
Crate Palomino V32

Member of the left-handed club (but I play right-handed)!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Perhaps it was the version recorded at G3? With Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Thats what I was thinking but Now I think it was derek and the dominoes.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
I think you're talking about the Derek and The Dominos version. Where did you hear it?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
now that I think about it I think it was Derek and the Dominoes. I have the CD so I'll check it out now...
My Rig
USA Fender Stratocaster
Gibson ES335
Martin D16GT
Martin LXM
Squier Stratocaster
Santa Rosa Cuatro
Dunlop Wah
Marshall MG15
Marshall MS2
Crate Palomino V32

Member of the left-handed club (but I play right-handed)!
Quote by Tenacious Me
Thats what I was thinking but Now I think it was derek and the dominoes.

I saw 'sweep' and though 'THE STEEN!!!!'

Either way, the G3 version is awesome - I haven't heard it played with such class since Hendrix recorded it. Vai at the intro is beatiful.
Yeah but I didn't like Yngwies part. The song is so emotional and I sreiously don't think that he has any feelings in him.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
I'm pretty sure I have two SRV versions, the aforementioned where he doesn't sing and a longer one where he does. The two are very similar and the singing sounds exactly like SRV.
Quote by Tenacious Me
Yeah but I didn't like Yngwies part. The song is so emotional and I sreiously don't think that he has any feelings in him.

^ I know I know... he was horrendous, it was painful to watch with him just standing there busting out 3000nps after Vai had just beautifully articulated some obscure intro to the song.

Didn't Malmteen start off Voodoo Child or Purple Haze or something like that? I remember it being good whatever it was. Some of the looks on Satrianis face were priceless though, if you look carefully you can see him go when The Steen kicks in.
He's probobaly got some strange emotional issues brought on by his immense weight.
Didn't he get into a pretty nasty car accident in like 1990 too, and get brain damage?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Might have been Shawn Lane's version. Hell, it could hav been anyone. Who hasn't covered Little Wing?
Last edited by Bill Gluckman at Jul 31, 2006,
Quote by Tenacious Me

omg i agree yngiwe BUTCHERED it

i dont it quite clicked when vai said

yngwie my brother, were playing little wing...its hendrix

so somewhere in there yngwie heard

ah, harmonic minor, 9840958435 notes per second, sweeps

he destroyed it
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

update:

i have another version of this that says its done by SRV, Vai, Page, and Robert PLant [?]
If you got it on limewire (or any other of those sort of thing), I do not think you should trust what it says. They usually stick that sort of stuff in for who knows what reason. I do not remember a concert where those four were together.

Have you tried getting the Derek and the Dominos version? If you can get it, listen to it and tell us.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
i have a version that says SRV, Page, Vai, and Neil Shaun (theres some more names on it to but id on't remember who) . thats probably the one you heard.

if you listen closely you can tell whos playing what. theres at least 5 different guitarists on it.

then someone with a deep voice sings the actual song. have no idea who it is. he sounds like a metal singer.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
I have a version with quite a few guitarists. It has Gilmour, Vaughn, Styx, the Doors and Queen. It's a live bootleg though.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
The Hendrix was so classic and amazing. the effects and emotion in that solo

SRV is really talented and he did a good job...i wont listen to anyone elses version
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
ill say hendrix's was amazing.

the crazy thing is, i honestly think that little wing is hard to actually ruin.
Probably not the one you're looking for, but worth a listen is Vai's version from the LIve at the Astoria show. If you don't fancy finding the DVD, a cd was released with a few tracks from the show and I think his Little Wing cover made it onto the cd.

Quote by Zach_F
Didn't he get into a pretty nasty car accident in like 1990 too, and get brain damage?

In a coma for a week and severe nerve damage to his hand. Something no guitarist wants to go through.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
I love Vai's voice from the G3 show, when Satch, Malmsteen, and Vai covered it.

I just cant stand Malmsteen though, but I do dig my Satch and Vai.
Quote by Supern00b
ill say hendrix's was amazing.

the crazy thing is, i honestly think that little wing is hard to actually ruin.

I've heard it butchered.
Quote by keeponrockin
I've heard it butchered.

come to think of it, Derek and the Dominoes sucked with it.

Malmsteen sucked at Voodoo Child[e]