Poll: Finger or pick?
Poll Options
View poll results: Finger or pick?
Finger
28 82%
Pick [plectrum]
6 18%
Voters: 34.
No, this thread isn't about which style is better overall or anything like that.

It's for rather which style do you prefer to play as.

I prefer pick because I'm just faster and just plain suck right now with my fingers (I'm still practicing with my fingers...).

So, I ask you, finger or pick?
pick when I'm startng out learning a song, fingers when I have it down or am making up my own stuff.
my fingers for most, my thumb for slapping the rest
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Fingers. I get more speed, control and a better sound I think (The pick does have a cool chunky sound...I just cant use one XD).
Pick. i use both though. Pick i think just gives me a nice edge to the notes, and im much faster with using different strings rapidly.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
because we're talking about fingers, what's that called when your finger hurts from playing and you touch that spot and it hurts, and how do you solve/ heal such a problem...hence i prefer pick
eh, im not biased to one or the other enough
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
fingers mainly cause im learning to slap, but really it depends on what im playing...if im playing some seriously fast death metal, or something like dragonforce (i rarely play them) i use a pick cause of the speed, even three fingers arent fast enough for some dragonforce songs.

Still its mainly finger for me.

EDIT: hOdOg when your finger starts to hurt that means your getting a calous (sp?) on your finger, you should let it happen, and soon as it builds up it will stop hurting

personally i never got any pain from playing with my fingers, idk maybe im immune...
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
Last edited by Stolenidentity1 at Aug 1, 2006,
Quote by h0d0g
because we're talking about fingers, what's that called when your finger hurts from playing and you touch that spot and it hurts, and how do you solve/ heal such a problem...hence i prefer pick

it's called a blister. pop it.

I prefer fingers because I feel like I have more of a (excuse the pun) hands on feel to it and it's easier to get cooler grooves with it. picks have no souuuuul
search before you post. There's atleast 80 of these in circulation somewhere.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!