Hey there,

I am currently looking for a new amp and am TOTALLY overwhelmed by the selection that even just one brand can provide. So, heres the scoop...

- I play Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz, Hard Rock (basicly need something versitile)
- Price isn't a problem since I'll be saving up for a long time...
- I play a Gibson Les Paul Studio and plan to purchase a Strat soon after the amp
- I'd like to go for a 60-100 watt range

I think that covers most of the stuff you guys would need to know. I'll edit if someone mentions soemthing else. Any brand is good if you could provide a link to the product. Just need that bluesy rock sound

Thanks

BIG EDIT!!! TUBE ONLY!!!
Last edited by Maj_Tom at Jul 31, 2006,
id definatley go for the fender hot rod deluxe amp. its only 40 watts but is very very loud, just as loud,if not louder than the 60-100 watters your looking for. you can even play gigs with it even tho it is fairly small. its around $600, so it shouldnt take too long to save up for. it has groove tubes, and it sounds INCREDIBLE. its perfect for the styles of music you play, the only thing its not good for is metal because the distortion isnt like super high gain, it has more of a bluesy distortion which sounds great. you will be very pleased if you buy it. i was amazed at how much it improved my tone. its overall an amazing amp and i highly recomend it to anyone.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
Last edited by jbassman4 at Jul 31, 2006,
yeah fender is definately the way to go
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
As much as I dislike fender, their amps are quite versatile...
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Fender Hot Rod Delux is on the list to check out, thanks.

Any other good amps you guys can think of?
fender deluxe reverb....
i have a fender deluxe 112 plus
it has the most amazing cleans ever for a solid state
dist is bad, but i use a ds-2 so it doesnt affect me
i also think this amp is rare too....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Peavey Classic 50...

no one's said it yet... which suprises me... i would go into all the reasons why you should give this one a try... But i'm tired and i'm sure someone else will help me out at a later date...

Anywho... nighty night...

i also like mesa boogie amps. no specific one at the moment, just the brand. they sound great but cost quite a bit more than the fender. just thought you could add that to your list.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Vox AD50VT
oh, almost forgot. carvin amps, like the legacy are really nice. steve vai uses them.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Vox AD50VT
some traynor combod. i have the 80 watt combo. can cut through stuff like a knife through hot water
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Marshall 1962 Blues Breaker. I'm into the same kind of music as you and someone suggested the blues breaker for me, so thats wat i am going to get. Expensive but good amp.
^Have you tried one out first?

Fender Hot Rod (of some kind)
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Marshall Blues Breaker
Marshall JCM800 or 900
Any other oldish Marshall
Peavey Classic 50

There's looooads of amps that'll suit you, just go to a music shop and try a load.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
you're really willing to save? assuming you are:

thd flexi 50 http://www.thdelectronics.com/ (awesome)
mojave (various models) http://www.mojaveampworks.com/ (haven't tried)
splawn (various models) http://www.splawnguitars.com/amps_products.htm (haven't tried)
cornford hurricane (well, they have various models, but the hurricane is awesome) www.cornfordamps.com
cornell (various models, the romany plus is awesome, but only 10 watts- kind of sounds like a fender should) http://www.dc-developments.com/
wolftone: (maybe not enough wattage, but awesome): www.wolftone.co.uk
koch (various models, i've only tried the studiotone and multitone, the classictone might be what you want): www.koch-amps.com

there are loads more, but that's what I can think of off-hand. The peavey classic 30 and fender hotrod are alright for the price, but won't compare to those boutique amps. And if you can save...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a fender deluxe 112 plus 100 at amp and it has the most amazing clean tone for a non-valve amp. The distortion isn't great but it is still quite good but i plug a boss distortion pedal in and it sounds amazing but this is a fantastic amp and i think it would be a great purchase!!
- My Gear:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Greg Bennet Malibu
- Welconic Acoustic
- Marshall JVM205C
- Dunlop SW-95 Slash Crybaby
Quote by GNR Slash #7
I own a fender deluxe 112 plus 100 at amp and it has the most amazing clean tone for a non-valve amp. The distortion isn't great but it is still quite good but i plug a boss distortion pedal in and it sounds amazing but this is a fantastic amp and i think it would be a great purchase!!

You bumped a 3 year old thread to tell us what you own.

Do you seriously think the TS is still shopping?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by GNR Slash #7

What kind of retard goes back to page 999999999999999999999999999999 and posts in a topic?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Wow, didn't even look at the date.

I feel stupid as hell.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill