Page 1 of 2
Yeah, yeah. Another Agile thread. Yet, this one isn't just another one like all the others. It's a bit different.

Everyone always mentions the Agile AL-3000, but not many of the other models get any of the spotlight. That's why I'm making this thread. I want to know how these other models are quality wise and how they compare to the *other* big name versions.

The models I want to know about are, for one, the other AL's. How's the AL-2500? The AL-2000?

What about the Agile Doublecut LP's and the doublecut Jr.?

How are the Agile Strats and Tele's?

The Semi-Hollowbodies?

And, finally, how are the PRS-styled ones?

I know, I know. Those are a lot of models to cover, but that's what this thread is for. To highlight all the other less popular Agiles. So, can anyone here comment on any of them?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
the 2000s are supposed to be good begginer guitars. 2500s are slightly higher quality than the epi lp standard. as for all the other models...just use your best judgement using their stats and price as reference. pretty much all agiles have excellent quality and pretty good stock pickups.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
^That's what I'm curious about too. The AL-2500 comes in such great colors (white with gold hardware, anyone?), but is the difference between the AL-2500 and AL-3000 big enough to wait until Rondo releases a few better colors for the AL-3000?

Plus, they have so many other models that no one EVER talks about! People can't just be buying AL-3000's. Someone has to have bought some of these other models.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
If you're going to buy cheap copies you should atleast get the best model they offer.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
^Nice.

And thanks for that bit of info Red Star.

EDIT: Funky P, have you ever played an Agile or even done more than judge them as "cheap copies"? If not, please be a good little boy and shut the f*ck up.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
EDIT: Funky P, have you ever played an Agile or even done more than judge them as "cheap copies"? If not, please be a good little boy and shut the f*ck up.

Thank you.

I've heard nothing but excellent things about agiles, and the rondo store is only about 30 minutes to an hour away from where I live, and I've been thinking of heading over and checking out some axes, so any opinions on these other models would be great :P
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Last edited by Mister Silk at Jul 31, 2006,
o yeah xenn the difference in the agile 2500 and 3000 is supposedly just the pickups, the agile 3000 has better wiring and better quality woods. plus the 3000 has an ebony fretboard over the rosewood fretboard on the 2500.
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
o yeah xenn the difference in the agile 2500 and 3000 is supposedly just the pickups, the agile 3000 has better wiring and better quality woods. plus the 3000 has an ebony fretboard over the rosewood fretboard on the 2500.

Ah, ok. I was just really looking for how they compared to each other. I know the AL-3000 can hold it's own against a Gibson...Maybe I should just wait until they release a white AL-3000...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Ah, ok. I was just really looking for how they compared to each other. I know the AL-3000 can hold it's own against a Gibson...Maybe I should just wait until they release a white AL-3000...

a white agile 3000 would kick so much ass. id never need a gibson

man adict...that must have sucked
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Yeah, the 2000 seems 10x better than what I have now, and it's the same price. Oh well.
^Same situation with my MG, TheAdict. I bought it, then saw a bunch of other amps that were the same price and much better. I share your pain.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Yes, I've seen that countless times. I'm looking for actual experience though. People who actually own or have played these other models. I've looked at the specs on nearly, if not all of them, but I have never really heard anyone's first hand experience with the other models besides the AL-3000.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Okay so what they are expensive originals?

>$500 = cheap as opposed to expensive

LP body = copy, as in not an original design.

Really does that not make sense? or has the smell of your own farts cause you to not think things out.

Quote by Funky P

Really does that not make sense? or has the smell of your own farts cause you to not think things out.

^^your retarded, immature and just annoying to have in a thread. gtfo

As for the agiles, I live about an hour away from Rondo Music also so I'll be trying everythign out and I'll tell you guys if the 3000 is better than a 2500 and worth the extra $$. Maybe I can have them make me a custom White AL3000
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Having very personal experience with the ST-802 strat copy, I can tell you that it's soo much better then the MIM Fenders I've tried it should be illegal. The only drawbacks were the pups (but I was never impressed by the MIM's pups), they're not bad, but not what I wanted. The string trees are the old vintage style ones and I swapped those for some rollers to make it smoother when bending and using the tremolo. After putting another $100 or so on it, bringing the total to about $490 (cnd funds) give or take a few bucks, it's waaayyyy better then any MIM's I've tried which would have run me about $525 + tax then another $100 for the mods I did.... funk all that shjt. The only way I'd end up buying a Fender is if it was a MIA or perhaps a Jimmie Vaughn tex-mex sig.

FunkyP: Ummm.... do you think you can revise and edit your post to make some sense? Serioulsy.
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Jul 31, 2006,
Quote by Funky P

One, price does NOT equal quality.

Two, yes, the body shape may be based on the LP. So what? It's a good design. I also never said they were original.

Smell of my farts? Are you eight? Either learn to insult someone like a man, or go back to drawing with your crayons.

Now, Funky P, please shut the hell up and let the big boys continue their discussion.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Xenn, don't take this the wrong way, but I think I love you.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Im snatching me an Agile Hornet (all white) as soon as possible! I love my Al-3000 Prestige!!!
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
Quote by ClayJohnson
Im snatching me an Agile Hornet (all white) as soon as possible! I love my Al-3000 Prestige!!!

The review on this site for it is great but then when I look at the specs for the Hornet it just says it's an agathis body.

I asked how agathis sounds on here and everybody said it's **** and it's essentially a fancy name for plywood.

:\

So that sort of deferred any decisions I had in buying that one.
Quote by Xenn99

Smell of my farts? Are you eight? Either learn to insult someone like a man, or go back to drawing with your crayons.

Now, Funky P, please shut the hell up and let the big boys continue their discussion.

Jesus christ are you the one thats eight? Smelling your own farts it just one step right before shoving your entire head up your own ass, but i guess you've already gotten to that point.

And big boys? you mean noobs of 06? because thats basically what all the "big boys" in this thread are. you also seem to have taken something so trivial and taken it personally.

congradualtions

99% of people who have ever even touched one own one. Keep that in mind.

If only Algee were here to educate these lost souls...
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Funky P
Jesus christ are you the one thats eight? Smelling your own farts it just one step right before shoving your entire head up your own ass, but i guess you've already gotten to that point.

And big boys? you mean noobs of 06? because thats basically what all the "big boys" in this thread are. you also seem to have taken something so trivial and taken it personally.

I'm going to guess that your ten years old and already a douchebag. At this rate, by the time your 20 you'll be fat, poor, with no girlfriend, and jacking off to the news cause all you can't afford cable.

btw Xenn99 is my hero!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Agathis isn't bad, but its not very many peoples first choice. Plywood however is never made with agathis (at least not usually)
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
Quote by Sapple Pass
I'm going to guess that your ten years old and already a douchebag. At this rate, by the time your 20 you'll be fat, poor, with no girlfriend, and jacking off to the news cause all you can't afford cable.

btw Xenn99 is my hero!

I hate to say this, but I actually agree with Funky. He is the only one (besides me) to make a valid point in this thread.
Quote by RHCP94
^A valid point? How so, exactly? He came in and stated that Agiles are cheap knockoffs. He has no experience with them (obviously), and is just looking to start an argument in an otherwise good thread.

Please, I ask that both you, E Daws, and Funky P leave this thread and let us continue our discussion.

Now, can we get back on topic people?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
He came in and said if you are going to by the cheap knockoff, which he later even proved and had you admit an Agile was, you might as well get the best one.

"start an argument in an otherwise good thread. "
I'm sorry we are not a bunch of yes men. Is that what you wanted? It seems you do not want a dicussion, you just want a bunch of people to agree and tell you that you are getting the best deal and it is the best product out there for you. Try going to a used cars lot, not a guitar forum.
Quote by RHCP94
^ Have you ever played one? (directed at FunkyP aswell as E Daws).... if you don't then your arguements and "valid points" are meaningless and you're just following what Algee says like a little drone. He's a friggin' luthier, a amazing one and judging from his work, a perfectionist. Demanding perfection and luthier quality from a factory produced guitar is asinine.

EDIT: And this thread was about someone asking about which other AGILE he should consider. He wants an Agile and was not asking about their quality. You guys are just looking for an arguement.
Hai UG!
^ I have played some.
EDIT:

"EDIT: And this thread was about someone asking about which other AGILE he should consider. He wants an Agile and was not asking about their quality."

That's strange. I could have sworn after reading the last sentence of his post that he wanted me to comment on Agile guitars. Let me refresh your memory.
"So, can anyone here comment on any of them?"
Quote by RHCP94
Last edited by E Daws at Jul 31, 2006,
Quote by Xenn99
^Nice.

And thanks for that bit of info Red Star.

NO YOU DIENT (didn't)! You can't talk back to Funky P!

EDIT: If $500 isn't CHEAP, what is? $1? Are you poor or something
P.S. Just making a point.
Last edited by hckfrk38 at Jul 31, 2006,
Touche.

This topic always ends up bursting into arguements. All I care about is that I own one, love it, and think it's way better then a Fender MIM.

You also have to consider that not everyone is going to like the same things. Some poeple will like them some won't. Just like some poeple like Gibsons and some depise them. And if the quality of the LP copies are as good as my Strat copy they''ll be great.
Hai UG!
If there is no arguement, what would be the point of asking. If somebody makes a topic about "Cars are usually red when you paint them red" It would be pointless. It would have to go in the pit and therefore be pointless anyways, but that was not the point.

If you are thinking about buying an Agile, then you must go to the rondo shop in New Jersey. Only after trying all of them yourself and comparing them to models by other brands of a similar price and convincing yourself that the Agile is best would it make any sense to buy it. As far as their strat copies being way better than a Fender, I can say from my experience it would most certainly depend on which Fender. Fender Squier? 49 out of 50 times, sure. If somebody told me that their ST-1000 was better than every mexican made Fender, I would disagree. Better than some.
Quote by RHCP94
Well I can't go to the shop to try them, and I'm surprised that you or anyone in your area would be willing to take a 6-7hr drive there and back just to try them out. And luckily rondo has a great return policy, and I was willing to take a chance.

Maybe its just the Fenders (MIM not Squire, if I meant Squire and would have said that, but I said Fender MIM's) they send to Canada, but most, if not all of the ones I've tried had sharp frets, fret buzz like crazy, and went out of tune with bends. Some were good solid guitars I was actually thinking of buying, but they still had the tuning problem, and the pups sucked so that would be another $150 or more I would of had to dish out. And most shops in and around the Toronto area wouldn't let me try it with the whammy bar, the ones that did though I was not impressed. Lost it's tunning very easily. And since they're $525 and up, and I wasn't happy with the pups I gave rondo a try and could not be happier.

That's it for me I got work tomorrow. Have fun
Hai UG!
ok, so funkyP said something that one person didnt agree with, and now we got ourselves a pussy squable. Let me say something, anything that isnt an made by the original company who invented it is a knockoff, and yes they are cheap compared to the original. Price does not affect quality. Therefore Agiles are cheap knockoffs that are good quality. Fight settled

By the way im not flaming anyone, im just setting this argument straight
Last edited by rockr09 at Jul 31, 2006,
Page 1 of 2