Page 1 of 3
eugines trick bag or the intro solo to the psalm of lydia by nevermore
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Quote by V12prowler
smells like teen spirit nirvana

so can everyone else

evh - eruption
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
one i recently wrot. not that i have a hard time playing it, it's simply i am a perfectionist, as well, i write sitting down. which makes it tougher to play standing up.
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by bassmonkey16
one i recently wrot.

what would you compare it to?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
a bunch of licks off of 'no boundaries' by michael angelo batio, unfortuateley there are various parts that im still working on, so its not a completed solo that i know. but thats the hardest.
Quote by blackhorsemen
Guys , which is the hardest solo u can play?...Mine is Jump in the fire 2nd solo(metallica)

DAmn, that's what I was gonna say. Okay then, i'll say...

The Jon Donais solos from Shadows Fall's "Destroyer of Senses", or even better: "The Idiot Box".

I'm working on the "Blackened" (Metallica) solos tho. second one's harder than the first tho and it's taking a bit.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by V12prowler
smells like teen spirit nirvana

Is this a joke? lol.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
its probably Gunshot to the Head Of Trepidation by Trivium not too difficult but its not often i actually learn the solo note for note like the artist recorded themselves, but i like alot of Coreys solos, and i have to admit whenever i get to Matts bits i tend to improvise coz i dont really like his solos, but coreys are awesome. Ive also learnt Suffocating Sight, and ive just learnt the Pull harder solo, but its still pretty sketchy atm.

Cant say ive really bothered to learn any solos by any other bands, i only learn solos if i think they will improve a skill of mine, and Trivium is the only band that i really listen to that is quite technical.
Ride The Lightning, Metallica!!!!!!!!
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
From memory: Cream - Crossroads(first solo(not counting the mini one within the first 30 seconds))
From tabs: Metallica - Master of Puppets
Quote by dagget
a bunch of licks off of 'no boundaries' by michael angelo batio, unfortuateley there are various parts that im still working on, so its not a completed solo that i know. but thats the hardest.

hah i do that song with the over and under tricks. learned it like 6 months ago.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Hmmm ...
I don't do a lot of hard guitar solos anymore, but I bet if I worked at it I could still to "You Really Got Me" by Van Halen. I haven't played it in a while, though.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by feltgrape
hah i do that song with the over and under tricks. learned it like 6 months ago.

can you do all the sweep picking parts?
I don't know, I just mainly play easy stuff like Far Beyond By Malmsteem...its not really a challenge. I've only been playing for 2 weeks, so you know, just doing basic solos.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Comfortably numb: the live 3 mintue version ... its not that hard, but takes a lot of passion to get it right ...lol
I can play the entire "Cool #9" by Joe Satriani

...ohhh don't get your panties in a bunch i know i can't

and actually talking about that makes me want to watch him playin that song live.. I think I will
Last edited by ShizNick at Aug 1, 2006,
The most difficult solo in the world, without question, is the one that draws every bit of your heart, mind, soul and emotion out of you and through your guitar such that, at its end, both you and your audience are weeping and embracing.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Holiday. It's by far the most challenging piece of music ever...not just the solo.
i'd have to say inspiration on demand by shadows fall or crazy train by ozzy. i can do a lot better but i haven't taken the time to learn anything harder
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Fade to Black - Metallica

Both the intro and outro.

It's not that hard, but who cares.
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
I know it's sad, but I know only 1 solo--- all the through. Otherwise, I'll learn the licks that'll help me write stuff. And it is the Like Light To The Flies solo from Trivium. Our band was gonna cover it, simply b/c it is easy, and was a last resort song. I understand the whole 'Trivium sucks' idea, and it's kind of a shame it's the only solo I know all the way through, but I am working on a few Nevermore and Children Of Bodom songs.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
This thread should require proof, haha, this is such an ego flaunting mess....But I'll get in my kicks For hardest solo's.....probably For the Love of God, it's tricky as hell to actually play right
and crazy train, that damn sextuplet lick I started working on like a year ago and finally got it down. Also LTE's biaxident solos are kinda tough, my cover is in the link in my sig if you car to listen,
the first solo to of sins and shadows by symphony x

but im working on the solo tio under a glas moon by dream theater and that ones pretty tricky
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Quote by blackhorsemen
can you do all the sweep picking parts?

yeah sweep picking is like my specialty

Havent played it for a while cuz i do acoustic stuff now.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by gpb0216
The most difficult solo in the world, without question, is the one that draws every bit of your heart, mind, soul and emotion out of you and through your guitar such that, at its end, both you and your audience are weeping and embracing.

soooo...can you play that?
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Quote by FenderWh0re
I don't know, I just mainly play easy stuff like Far Beyond By Malmsteem...its not really a challenge. I've only been playing for 2 weeks, so you know, just doing basic solos.

You're kidding right?

My hardest solo would be Eruption.
Uhh... I can play the mr crowley solo at like 85% speed
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Quote by gpb0216

No. If you have "try", then it's not emotion. He's talking about technical proficiency and you know it.

Refering to the thread starter: The first half of Far Beyond the Sun.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Wait wait you all please wait, how would you rate the solo to sweet child o mine? (1 - 10)
thanks.
Quote by gpb0216

Quote by sirpsycho85
soooo...can you play that?
Not yet, but I keep working on it. Who knows, maybe someday...
Quote by Freepower
Quote by Archeo Avis
No. If you have "try", then it's not emotion. He's talking about technical proficiency and you know it.
Of course I knew the thread starter was talking about technical proficiency. It's just that this whole topic is so overwhelmingly boring that I felt the need to toss in something completely different. Please carry on...
Quote by Freepower
Quote by FenderWh0re

You've only been playing 2 weeks and your doing solos? I hate you. I've been playing 4 years and still can't get a solo down.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
tender surrender-steve vai I know your here-steve vai arpeggios from hell- yngwie malmsteen
Page 1 of 3