Hey, I'm thinking of getting a talkbox, but I'm not sure if I should get the Heil or the Banshee talkbox

I've heard that the Banshee one is pretty good and simple to use due to the internal amplifier. It also supposily doesn't sound "as good" as the Heil though.

I've heard that the Heil sounds superior in general, but is more complex to set-up.

I'm wondering which to get. Also though, would the type of amplifier used to power the talkbox have a big affect on the sound? Would there really be a big difference if I used a small digital amp (I'm thinking Fender Frontman or V-amp) versus a tube head? Obviously in most curcumstances the tube head would sound alot better but when the sound is being pushed through a six foot tube into your mouth, would it really make a difference.

So basically if I got the Heil I wouldn't be powering it with a tube head...but even so would it sound better than the Rocktron Banshee talkbox with its interal amp?

Thanks for the help

(I'm getting a Marshall combo soon but I don't think that works with the Heil)
you have to have a half stack of stack to use one or be able to attach and detach the speakers. you also need a PA system..i would go with heil, it sounds better i tihnk
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by V12prowler
you have to have a half stack of stack to use one or be able to attach and detach the speakers. you also need a PA system..i would go with heil, it sounds better i tihnk

But will the Heil really sound much different being powered by a SS versus a Tube head? Tubes are obviously vastly superior but when the sound is being pushed with a horn driver through a tube into your mouth will it really make a difference?
well i have a heil talkbox and i power that using a vox 15 watt practice amp. you really dont need much power cause it goes through the P.A. in the end anyway (through the microphone to the P.A. that is). at the moment i don't really consider the tone a problem because when its being pushed through a small tube by a tiny tiny driver a lot of it is lost anyway.
but i definately suggest the heil over the banshee, i mean its not as complex as it sounds, jus have an AB pedal with the main going to the normal amp and the send going to the amp powering the talkbox so you then ave to jus press the pedal and your on the talkbox and press again and youv got the amp again. Easy!
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Last edited by ArcherTheVMan at Jul 31, 2006,
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
well i have a heil talkbox and i power that using a vox 15 watt practice amp. you really dont need much power cause it goes through the P.A. in the end anyway (through the microphone to the P.A. that is). at the moment i don't really consider the tone a problem because when its being pushed through a small tube by a tiny tiny driver a lot of it is lost anyway.

That's the responce I was looking for! Thank you!
no problem lol.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Man I'd love a talkbox. Could anyone brief me on how they are set up?

With the banshee it has a its own built in amo so you would just plug it in like anyother pedal
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Peter Frampton used a Heil on Do you feel like We do. Which has an amazing talkbox solo. I vote Heil.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join