I'm wondering if this is a normal thing. When I turn my amp on and play as soon as I switch to channel "2" It makes a loud noise, even if my guitar is not making any sound. It seems to only happen the first time I switch to channel "2". It doesn't seem to happen after I have already been on the 2nd channel, switch away, then switch back. Can somebody tell me if I need to send this thing in. I sure hope not I just got it and it's freakin awsome otherwise.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
some amps make a sound when you switch circuits, i dont think its an issue but you may want to go to a shop and ask an amp tech.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I wouldn't put up with that if I spent that much money on a Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier thats for sure!

Id send her in.

BTW whats it like having a half stack in your house? Can you get nice overdriven sounds from the duel rec without blowing your eardrums out? Nice metal tones? Or do you need some volume to get that?
Last edited by AC/zeppelin/DC at Jul 31, 2006,
I believe all tube amps (hybrid or not) make popping noises when turned on/off or channel switching. Not necessarily loud but noticeable.
all rectos do that. even my Triple. It seems to only pop once, and thats the first time you switch to channel 2. After that it seems to be pretty unnoticable. Its normal, and sending it to a tech wont help. Its just the way they are.
Quote by Supern00b
sacrametal, you are rich for a teen.

unless you're not a teen.

Im a teen? 19. Can you not have nice gear unless youre old??
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Im a teen? 19. Can you not have nice gear unless youre old??

i think its because im poor, but i just can't fathom how teenagers can get their parents to buy all that for them, or somehow accumulate enough money for crazy good gear.
I'm 17....look at my setup?

As for the pop, it is static that builds up in the footswitch.....when in standby, before turning the amp completely on, cycle through the channels, then stop on channel 2 after a while.

Then, start playing, and it might pop once on the first switch...otherwise, it should be gone.

I must have gotten a good recto...mine never ever pops.
Quote by Supern00b
i think its because im poor, but i just can't fathom how teenagers can get their parents to buy all that for them, or somehow accumulate enough money for crazy good gear.

It doesnt all come at once. I saved for a long time for all my stuff. And Eric (ibanez) did too.
dude ibanez, i love you for your gear, and your optimistic enthusiasm. just wanted to tell you that.
I'm not a teen, and I'm not rich by any means. I only 26 though, and I had to save a long time for what I got.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Ibanez AEF37
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
I'm no where near professional, just love to play the guitar. I've only been playing a couple of years, but the better the gear the more fun I have playing it.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Ibanez AEF37
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
Ibanez I noticed you had a hotplate. How do you like it? I rarley get to crank my amp so I'm thinking about getting one, but the guy @ my local guitar store said that the Weber Mass was the best one to get and that it was the easiest on ware on your amp.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Ibanez AEF37
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
^ yeah man, the HotPlate is pretty much the standard attenuator...like it sets the bar. So its pretty awesome. Ive never heard of the Weber Mass...how much is it?
A 100w one is $250.00U.S I think?? Here is a link to the site.
http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Ibanez AEF37
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
i'm 15 and i work and i dont have a girlfriend, so therefore this is the only stuff i've spent money on. I've basicly been saving up money for like 3-4 years without any intentions of buying anything. (note: for the dual rectifier i actually ate ketchup packets for two meals a day, i now have the dual rectifier but i do not recomend doing this unless you have some spare kidneys laying around) my parents help out alot though. Am i spoiled? damn straight. People think i'm just showing off because... well i'm not the greatest guitar player ever, but to be honest its the only thing i enjoy doing. I will openly admit that i do not even remotely deserve the gear i have.
Last edited by Vomitorator at Aug 2, 2006,
my co-guitarist has a dual recto. it makes that popping noise if you have the master volume down. turn it up a bit and the popping should go away.
Originally posted by Phoenixblade
you're an asshole.
Quote by Vomitorator
i'm 15 and i work and i dont have a girlfriend, so therefore this is the only stuff i've spent money on. I've basicly been saving up money for like 3-4 years without any intentions of buying anything. (note: for the dual rectifier i actually ate ketchup packets for two meals a day, i now have the dual rectifier but i do not recomend doing this unless you have some spare kidneys laying around) my parents help out alot though. Am i spoiled? damn straight. People think i'm just showing off because... well i'm not the greatest guitar player ever, but to be honest its the only thing i enjoy doing. I will openly admit that i do not even remotely deserve the gear i have.

I can really relate to what you're saying. Although we dont have ketchup packets at school, i think i scrubbed off everyone else's free bread rolls...