im going to put a killswitch (spst) into my guitar, and i was wondering if i could wire it with another switch so that if the other switch is on one way, the signal is cut when the button is pressed, and if the other switch is flipped the other way, the signal would only be on when pressed. is this possible?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
hmmm... i think so... let me try to think for a sec so i can think of how. im kindof not using the brain now.

EDIT: what is the first switch you are using? SPST? DPDT? 3PDT? (the one already on the guitar)?
So...

You want a push-to-make switch...
And a push-to-break switch?

The way I'm thinking you might be thinking you want the killswitch to be optional functionality; Switch 1 (Killswitch) is On or Off based on whether Switch 2 (control switch) is on or off

Logically speaking...

Killswitch control switch output
on .................on .........................on
off ................on ......................... off
on ................off ..........................on
off ................on ..........................on

Something like that?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
yup, and its an spst switch, so how could i wire this, and what kind of other switch would i need?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
The only possible way of doing this is not with a spdt, but a 3pdt.
Like this..

Toggle up, and the button is an "on" switch.
Toggle down, and the button is a "kill" switch.

Or theres this..

Basically, when the killswitch is engaged, you can use the push to break to let the signal through. But the push to break will have no function unless the killswitch is engaged.

Hmmm
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Jul 31, 2006,
confusing
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
That's wiring! D: Generally if you try it and it doesn't work, it's no problem. Just desolder it and use some desoldering braid or a desoldering bulb to clean it up!

Yet I have a idea for a good kill switch that won't buzz nore click!
what's ur idea
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
normally they don't click, if they do it's just a bad switch. JIMPLAYSGUITAR could you please explain your second drawing a little more?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
The toggle is a regular on-off killswitch. While in the "kill" position, pushing the "push to break" button will let the sound through.
These go to eleven...
I think this might be what one of you said but I'm not sure. I would go about doing it by having a switch to switch the signal between an N.C. (normally closed) switch for normal operation or to an N.O. (normally open) switch for the singnal to come through.

PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music