Poll: RG321 or RG320
Poll Options
View poll results: RG321 or RG320
RG321
17 81%
RG320
4 19%
Voters: 21.
hello fellow UGers. I've been looking into the RG series of Ibanez and I really like what I hear about the RG321. It's cheap, good quality and the mahoghony oil finish just looks edible.

however, the only down side of the RG321 is the lack of a tremelo bar (which isn't necessary just nice to have). Then I came across the RG320 with a floyd rose. I'm not familiar with those at all except I know that you stay in tune very well and that its a b!tch to change strings ha. The only downside of the RG320 is the amber finish isn't as sexy as the mahogony oil finish on the RG321. So my question to you is, should I get the RG321 or the RG320. Mind you I have no experience with floyd roses. Is would it be worth while to spend the extra $ on the RG320?

P.S. Neither guitars are sold at a guitar store near me, so I can't try them out. I'll probably just buy one off of the internet and if I have any problems return it.

Thanks In Advance.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by Sapple Pass
hello fellow UGers. I've been looking into the RG series of Ibanez and I really like what I hear about the RG321. It's cheap, good quality and the mahoghony oil finish just looks edible.

however, the only down side of the RG321 is the lack of a tremelo bar (which isn't necessary just nice to have). Then I came across the RG320 with a floyd rose. I'm not familiar with those at all except I know that you stay in tune very well and that its a b!tch to change strings ha. The only downside of the RG320 is the amber finish isn't as sexy as the mahogony oil finish on the RG321. So my question to you is, should I get the RG321 or the RG320. Mind you I have no experience with floyd roses. Is would it be worth while to spend the extra $ on the RG320?

P.S. Neither guitars are sold at a guitar store near me, so I can't try them out. I'll probably just buy one off of the internet and if I have any problems return it.

Thanks In Advance.

RG321.

All low-end guitars with whammy bars have very shitty whammy bars.

Save yourself the hassle and just get a 321.
what do those stand for?
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
It's an LFR, of course. All Ibanez bridges are LFR.

The Floyd Rose on RG320 is the kind that is not nice to have (linky in my sig wee). If you don't positively need one, then RG321 will completely satisfy you. Once you get to the point where you really want a Floyd Rose, you could get something with a good bridge (those occur in the $600+ range).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
ok thanks guys.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
from what i've heard, the RG320 sucks. go for the RG321 and get a Digitech Whammy pedal if you wanna do some diving tricks.
Alternatively, buy the 321 then buy an aftermarket FR if you so desire, high end Edge, Schaller, OFR, whatever.
Quote by codybcool
Alternatively, buy the 321 then buy an aftermarket FR if you so desire, high end Edge, Schaller, OFR, whatever.

you mean the 320 cody since the 321 is a hardtail model. and i think the edge pro II is swappable with some of those trems
Remember, 321 has a basswood body, 321MH has a mahogony body... Both are the same price go for the wood u prefer
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by metallicafan180
from what i've heard, the RG320 sucks. go for the RG321 and get a Digitech Whammy pedal if you wanna do some diving tricks.

I think I'll do that thanks!
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
yeh but remember the digitech whammy wont be able to replicate all the tricks you do with a floyd rose bridge
Yeah a Digitech whammy doesn't act a lot like a whammy bar, more like a harmoniser/pitch shifter.
yeah I have a Dunlop Crybaby...would that be good? I don't need to buy the digitech if I already have a good wah do I?

EDIT: I thought Digitech Whammy was a wah. silly me.
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300