Page 1 of 2
Does anyone have any idea what distortion pedal(s) falloutboy uses?
on either of their last 2 albums?
(from under the cork tree, take this one to your grave)
thanks guys!
-Jordan
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
Prepare to be bashed. I don't specifically no what distortion pedal they used. Most likely they are using their amps distortion like most bands. Try a DS-1 or something. But honestly don't go buying a pedal to try and sound like another band.

EDIT:
Looking at your gear list I don't see what you need to add anymore distortion or overdrive pedals for.
They don't use one. Its straight from their amp, probably a Marshall JCM of some sort.
#2 Member of Fender Whore Club
Rig:
MIK Fender Strat
Traynor 40WR
EH Big Muff
Boss Blues Driver 2
Boss Phase Switcher 3
Quote by Stop Messin'
OHHHHHHHHHH man LMAO now that's what i call getting pwned.

Nice work Fender, seriously.
Last I checked they were using Mesa/Boogie Rectifier heads. Which really imply that they aren't using distortion pedals.

But if you don't have $1700 to spend on a head, Boss Mega Distortion's probably the closest you'll get.
one of them uses a bogner uberschall, the other one probably the same

Quote by babysmasher
whatever the pussiest pedal there is im sure

hey buddy you just joined in july, just like the threadstarter, you have no room to talk n00b..**** off
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
nah guys, im not trying to soundlike them i was just wondering what they were using
thanks for the help
and yea dude
go f u ck yourself
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
Quote by babysmasher
whatever the pussiest pedal there is im sure

LMAO! HGAHA that was really funny to me....even though they use Rectos live...and I have a Recto..lol oh well.

ANyways, In a studio a lot of big bands wont use just one amp...theyll use a HUGE array of amps at once. Like UnderOath used a selection of Soldanos, Marshalls, HiWatts, Mesas, different Vox amps...etc. Plus a whole wall of rackmounted stuff.
well, im glad for the thread starter that he hasn't been flamed yet. He'll grow into it.

But in all seriousness, i think they either use marshalls or mesas, with sgs?
come on, do i have to be the first? ok, i guess it'll have to be me. what the hell dude, if u play any kind of overdriven/distorted guitar, why are u listening to fall out boy? they ****in suck. listen to lamb of god or slayer or some band with good guitarists...furthermore, why would u want to play fall out boy? i could teach my ten year old sister how to play that ****.
HaHa. I was waiting for that. Anyway, I like how in this forum, people can't just skip a Thread but instead decide to bash someone for liking a band. And you like Slayer????
Can you really bash other peoples bands? I mean. Come on now. They are ok. But not that good.
dude **** up i hate people that come on here and act like they are god because there music is superior. yea i dont like fall out boy but i dont bash them. theyve had a lot of success and have a lot of fans...does it really matter? if you cant help him then dont reply. and we are all the same in this category. were all musicians and were supposed to have a common bond. wtf? so lets respect each others personal opinions.

anyways there is a "vulgur display of power" in a guitar world issue recently. it had one of the guitarist in FOB and his rig. try to find that. hope i helped.
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
haha yeah dude, i couldnt help myself. but ill agree with you, there are bands better than slayer...trivium and lamb of god top the list though, for metal bands of today. well, let me hold that judgement until 'the crusades' and 'sacrament' come out. but hey, can we all agree fall out boy has no ****ing talent?
jackson slsmg soloist
line 6 pod xt live
crate powerblock
2 marshall 4x12's
Quote by maxwell5051
come on, do i have to be the first? ok, i guess it'll have to be me. what the hell dude, if u play any kind of overdriven/distorted guitar, why are u listening to fall out boy? they ****in suck. listen to lamb of god or slayer or some band with good guitarists...furthermore, why would u want to play fall out boy? i could teach my ten year old sister how to play that ****.

Yeah, I guess you do have to be the first, since the rest of us are not as closed minded as you and would rather help the kid out than bash him because his taste in music is different than ours. Sorry that you had to take on the responsibility of being the bitch of the thread. Have a nice day, and go hang yourself.
well i looked in my issue of guitar world and the one guy uses fenders with duncans right into a bogner uberschall no pedals so im guessing hes the lead guy and the singer does rythm but im not a fall out boy fan persay so idk his setup
Quote by maxwell5051

Lamb of God and Slayer suck. That whole genre sucks. IMO.

and b1tch all you want...at the end of the day youre here and theyre there...and being THERE is better than being HERE. If you catch my drift.
Quote by El Codyo
Yeah, I guess you do have to be the first, since the rest of us are not as closed minded as you and would rather help the kid out than bash him because his taste in music is different than ours. Sorry that you had to take on the responsibility of being the bitch of the thread. Have a nice day, and go hang yourself.

I love you. Youre words are so truthfull. And you gracefully make people look retarded. A trait that's rarely found nowadays.
why you all have to dicks just answer his question. Its a wonder why people get so ticked off to do things cuz theyre pricks like you guys who make it hard. Fall otu boy is a pro badn and betetr than every single person on here so if your not pro dont say ****
Quote by maxwell5051

It's wrong to compare a Pop/Punk band to a metal band as far as talent. They're different styles, they call for different styles of playing.

You can't compare apples to strawberries, two completely different things. So what, your bands solo fast and growl. Wow, you like metal. Omg, you are so badass and tough, I think you are cool!

Seriously, stfu. So what if you don't like bands that sing softer and have "pussier" lyrics. Not everyone has to like metal and hardcore. There's no reason to bash people, quit doing it. The only reason you bash "pussy" bands is to make yourself seem tough and rough, like the metal players appear to be. Grow a pair and stop being a poser.

Threadstarter: Mesa Boogie makes a tube distortion pedal that simulates a Recto I think. Check out the MB website.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by sg-rocker173
It's wrong to compare a Pop/Punk band to a metal band as far as talent. They're different styles, they call for different styles of playing.

You can't compare apples to strawberries, two completely different things. So what, your bands solo fast and growl. Wow, you like metal. Omg, you are so badass and tough, I think you are cool!

Seriously, stfu. So what if you don't like bands that sing softer and have "pussier" lyrics. Not everyone has to like metal and hardcore. There's no reason to bash people, quit doing it. The only reason you bash "pussy" bands is to make yourself seem tough and rough, like the metal players appear to be. Grow a pair and stop being a poser.

Threadstarter: Mesa Boogie makes a tube distortion pedal that simulates a Recto I think. Check out the MB website.

Youre a bit hyporcritical. Dont bash ppl? What was that whole rant about?

WHY ISNT THIS THREAD CLOSED!?!?
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Youre a bit hyporcritical. Dont bash ppl? What was that whole rant about?

WHY ISNT THIS THREAD CLOSED!?!?

That whole rant is about telling him not to bash people.

I believe one line was insulting towards him. -.-

Besides, there's always exceptions to the rules. I felt something needed to be said to him, he wasn't being very open minded, in fact, he was far from it. "If you listen to distorted guitars you have to listen to metal" was what he was saying. O.o
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

holy crap you guys get fired up for no reason
pretty stupid lol
Thanks to all the people who actualy helped me out and to all the stupid asses that just said oh they suck blah blah
take some of their advice^^ if you were as goood as falloutboy you wouldnt be in this forum.
AND i listen to all types of rock guys
Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica
Alll American rejects
Fall Out Boy
i dont like genres, thats kind of being "Racist" torwards other genres
I just like good music.nuff said.
Thanks guys who helped me
my band
Quote by xguitar_masterx
holy crap you guys get fired up for no reason
pretty stupid lol
Thanks to all the people who actualy helped me out and to all the stupid asses that just said oh they suck blah blah
take some of their advice^^ if you were as goood as falloutboy you wouldnt be in this forum.

haha, this made me laugh. man i sure do wish i could play powerchords just like fallout boy. damn, i wish i was as good as them. haha
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
The reason we hate fall out boy isnt because they play **** music, it isnt because theyre gay as hell, and it isnt because they can't play their instruments worth a damn....its because they play the **** and little kids and tools listen to it on the radio and buy thier **** that they "write"
Quote by maxwell5051

f*ck off with that attitude. ANY, i repeat ANY music can have distorted guitar. hey, you could have jazz music with OTT in your face distortion if you like. so STFU
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by maxwell5051
trivium and lamb of god top the list though, for metal bands of today.

Congratulations on naming two bands that arn't metal.

FOB sucks, but they know how to write whats going to sell. Them > You.

A few members used to be in a hardcore band, and it kicked major ass.

Plus, anyone who plays a uberschall must be pretty awsome.
Quote by TheFluffy
Plus, anyone who plays a uberschall must be pretty awsome.

Gear doesnt make the player any better. I saw a band play and the guy had an Uberschall (running through a Behringer cab lmao) and he sucked horribly.
^You should have told him that, that would have been halarious
"Hey nice gear man, but you're a terrible, terrible guitarist, give up."
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Gear doesnt make the player any better. I saw a band play and the guy had an Uberschall (running through a Behringer cab lmao) and he sucked horribly.

I wasnt implying awsome as a musician. It was a personal comment twords the dude.
FOB uses Mesa Rectifiers? ENGL here I come....
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
RHCP----ROFL!! hahaha

Dude I totally would have...but he's a regular costumer of mine and he buys a lot of stuff from my store. Id hate for him to never come back! (he buys like 3 packs of strings a week!)
well powerchords sometimes are the ****
ehem
GREEN DAY
yea
millionaires?
yep
powerchords? yep.
oh wait
whats that band that uses powerchords a ****load..wait...wait
METALLICA?
=0
my band
Page 1 of 2