i have 300 dollars to spend on a amp that would be good for starting a band ...
any suggestions, i like playing heavy stuff, sometimes i even play hard rock, regular rock, and classic rock...
for 300, youre prob only gonna get solid state. Try a Fender FM210R (its 65 watts...plenty loud) and a decent distortion pedal (boss maybe??) You could do that for under 300
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
^ why get an amp with only 2 channels and no effects?! lol

Id say Cube30. I know thats cliche' but they rock!
How loud? You can get a used tube for that price, and some new tubes. New, I know Pignose makes an amp that gets good reviews, and there's the Fender Pro Jr which might work well. If you're willing to go used, there are tons of amps.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ why get an amp with only 2 channels and no effects?! lol

whats that in your sig? a JCM900 4102?? isnt that an amp with only 2 channels and no effects? hmmm....seems a little hypocritic to me.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
50 to 150w
i saw a line 6 spider 2 combo 75 and a 150 i think
or i was gonna grab a crate xt120r, because i can always add the cabinet to that one...
Quote by AmericanIdiot91
whats that in your sig? a JCM900 4102?? isnt that an amp with only 2 channels and no effects? hmmm....seems a little hypocritic to me.

lmao Touche'. yes, but I also have a full pedal board full of effects. And the JCM900 is in a whole different class. So you really cant compare the two in that way.
i have a line 6 uber metal pedal and a digitech grunge, but im looking for something that sounds good playing classic rock and rock...
Quote by eddiesclone
50 to 150w
i saw a line 6 spider 2 combo 75 and a 150 i think
or i was gonna grab a crate xt120r, because i can always add the cabinet to that one...

might wanna rethink all that...
^ those amps arent that great...

And its the best way to get flammed in here. But I dont flame usually. Cause Im nice. lol k.
^ brand new it was about $1500. Now you can get them on eBay or something like that for really cheap. Like $500-$900 I think..
get the fender like that guy said!!!!
a fender with a BOSS DS-2 is an amazing rig right there.
im a fender fanboy and an unofficial spokesperson for the DS-2.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Save for awhile then. Its best to save and get the right amp rather than just blowing all your cash on something that youre not happy with..

[edit] Search eBay man...or craigslist.com

You can probly swing a Peavey XXX or a ValveKing for not much more...both of which are just some of the less expensive tube combos that sound killer!
Quote by eddiesclone
im looking at a Marshall MG30DFX Combo

....no...just..erm...no.

If you MUST get ANY amp with your money now it should be a Cube. I strongly stand buy those things because IMO theyre the best SS amp out there in that price range.
the XXX is on the expensive side but the Peavey ValveKing 212 Combo Amp looks good... ill just save till next summer and see what happens, im pretty sure i have room for improvement at guitar anyways...
yeah get a cube. comes with effects too
but if you had 400 id say get the fender FM210R with a DS-2
but since you have 300, the cube.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
man, dude u just cant pick out a good amp can u? An MG on here will get u flamed notoriously, im guessing ur new
i recommend a crate. i own one and its 120 watts for only about 330 dollars (a bit over your budget) but its worth it. it has awesome distortion!
A highly over looked amp is the Kustom quad 100, its a 212 100 watt amp with celestion speakers and a little blue light. I got mine for 300. Its good so long as you dont need the built in distorion to use for metal. But a pedal could fix that. It sounds just as good as a cube and is extremely loud.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!