Is this a good pedal? I know it has the MT-2 built in and I know that's a great metal pedal. (I'm looking for a good metal lead and rhythm tone by the way)

My setup:

Ibanez RG1570
Marshal DSL 401

If it's good I'll be buying it tomorrow. If anyone here owns one I'd like to hear about it. Thanks a lot

I haven't tried it, but to be honest, for the price you could get a boutique overdrive or clean boost, which, granted, will only do one tone, but will do it very well. Whereas the boss will give you lots of overdrives and distortions which sound pretty mediocre.

What type of tones are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dedicated effects > Multi-effects boxes

I should hope you don't buy it because it has a built in distortion pedal, since you'd be putting it through a valve amp, thus the sound will be terrible. I hear decent things about the Boss OD's though. If i were you i'd just get a single OD rather than pay more for an OD/Distortion pedal.

EDIT: I hope that's relevant....
I played this thing
and it was pretty sweet
although i played it through a schecter c1 plus through a hybrid amp...it still sounded freaking awesome
Im thinking about buying one also
You might wanna try it out before you buy it though
all depends on your taste.
Stuff:Prs billy martin se, squier strat, peavey valveking 212, boss:mt-2,md-2,sd-1,tr-2,oc-3,Mxrdynacomp,G2.1U multieffects pedal.
my band
www.myspace.com/inyerdreams
Hmmm given me a lot to think about. I may have to postpone my purchase...

Quote by Dave_Mc
I haven't tried it, but to be honest, for the price you could get a boutique overdrive or clean boost, which, granted, will only do one tone, but will do it very well. Whereas the boss will give you lots of overdrives and distortions which sound pretty mediocre.

What type of tones are you after?

I'm looking for a pure heavy metal sound for rhythm guitar, like pantera. Also a nice metal lead tone, like the lead guitarist in Blind Guardian, or I'd even be happy with a tone similar to Kirk Hammets.

I've owned this pedal for a while, and it was ok, but I wouldn't purchase it again personally. I only really liked a couple of the models, and I didn't like the TS9 model much at all unfortunately, which is one of my favorite OD for pushing a tube amp. The boss models were pretty decent like expected, but I wasn't really impressed with the others.

I think you'd be better off getting a couple really good OD's for the price of the OD20 all in one. You may like it more than me however, I'm not a big fan of the real MT2 without the Keeley mod. Definitely try it out before you buy it, it should be pretty easy to get your hands on in a shop, I see them all over.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by xguitar_masterx
I played this thing
and it was pretty sweet
although i played it through a schecter c1 plus through a hybrid amp...it still sounded freaking awesome
Im thinking about buying one also
You might wanna try it out before you buy it though
all depends on your taste.

wow, we're answering in free verse now
nice work sir, I salute you.

anyway, to witchking: first thing I'd try is some standalone overdrives. The shops in dublin, if you can get there, should have your amp in stock. Then it's just a matter of trying the OD's to see if they get you enough gain- make sure to use them over the overdrive channel, to boost and tighten the overdrive that's already there. You may want to check out some EQ pedals as well, if your dsl doesn't sound modern enough for pantera.

if that doesn't work, then you may need to start to look into some distortion pedals. The boss ds1 is quite cheap, and actually works ok for boosting too, or you may want to look into the keeley or analogman-modded versions. Or, there are plenty of other boutique distortion pedals, but if you're anything like me, you'll want a medium gain one, to boost the overdrive your amp already can achieve, rather than a metal-voiced one, which you'll have to (well, maybe not have to, but may sound better) over your clean channel, which'll lose the nice tube tone of your amp...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The OD20 doesn't have a metal zone built into it?

And get a decent overdrive to boost your DSL.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30