alright, my amp is a peavey triumph 60. tube. old. about 65 watt (not sure)

i play some rhythm and a lot of lead for mainly metal (early metallica) and some classic rock (led zeppelin)

what dist/overdrive pedal should i get? i heard that for tube amps overdrive is a lot better, but i dont' know. i've been looking at either a) boss mt-2 metal zone or b) boss od-3 overdrive. other suggestions are welcome. please help
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Boss MT-2 =

Boss SD-1 = sweet

TubeScreamer = kickass

theres a lot outside the Boss line that are way better.
Last edited by kurdtkobaign at Jul 31, 2006,
^^i know you're the guy who said the mt-2 is crap in the other thread. what's the tubescreamer?

edit: ...and what's the difference between od-3 and od-1?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
i have the Boss SD-1

It's a good overdrive not exspensive either...($50)
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
i listened to the clips on musiciansfriend for those, and those are more-bluesy sounding. are those the heaviest-sounding overdrives there are?
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
they can get pretty heavy. They arent totally bluesy. listen to the clips in the link in my sig. i actually have one extra built because someone ordered it and just bailed out so its about ready to be sold.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Quote by Twist of fate
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
overdrives cant get that heavy by themselves. overdrives help boost an amps overdrive harder. they give overdrive, but are meant to be used with the amps overdrive.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
overdrives cant get that heavy by themselves. overdrives help boost an amps overdrive harder. they give overdrive, but are meant to be used with the amps overdrive.

Theyre not JUST for overdriving tube amps. Their original purpose of course is to replicate the sound of an overdriven tube amp.
I have an OD-3, and it's great, but only as a boost for my already fuzzed up signal, definately won't do metal by itself.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Theyre not JUST for overdriving tube amps. Their original purpose of course is to replicate the sound of an overdriven tube amp.

Well i understand that, but it is usually used to overdrive amps so that you can get a heavier sound. by them selves they wont get near metal.