Okay I read that sticky but I am not sure what to do with this kind of guitar.

Check out the pic.
Attachments:
00000028.JPG
Loosen the string

Use pliers/sidecutters to grip the pegs, and pull them out

Replace with new string
You just need to get one of those nut-winder (hehe that sounds bad) things and use it to lift the pegs off.....yes im a moron sorry hopefully someone clears this up!
Originally posted by the_experience
andrewfox5 is on crack....that is all I have to say.
and make sure the long white ting (saddle) stays in place, those havent been fastened at all on most acoutic guitars ive changed strings on.
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
Hey guys I when I put my hands inside the body of the guitar I can pull the strings out from there.

But how the hell do I know how to put the new strings in? If I try to yank out the pegs I might break the guitar.

WTF am I doing...
lol that's what I tried to do the first time I restrung an acoustic. Just get some wire cutters or scissors and grab ahold of the peg with them and wrestle it out. You won't hurt the guitar but if you go absolutely mad with the wire cutters you might cut up the pegs so just watch what you're doing.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
its an acoustic guitar, and u just use pliers or something similar to grab the "ball" of the peg and pull it out, the "ball" is on the top of the peg. Dont worry, it wont break the guitar, unless urs is really really crappy
Well I manaed to pop out the pegs, but I don't get how to keep the strings in place? It seems that it won't fit onto the peg to hold the strings in place.
Attachments:
00000029.JPG
Quote by Reez
Hey guys I when I put my hands inside the body of the guitar I can pull the strings out from there.

But how the hell do I know how to put the new strings in? If I try to yank out the pegs I might break the guitar.

WTF am I doing...

ok... untune the string a.k.a. so its very loose.. take plyers, grip the black pegs and pull them out. you wont break the guitar. just go easy, and take the strings out. now putting the strings back in just slip the string through the hole where the pegs go. then slide the peg in place, and while tuning, hold onto the peg too make sure the peg doesnt fly out and kill the dog... my poor dog...
Please be careful putting the strings on. Me and my cousin broke two brand new strings today because we did it wrong.
the nut that the string is fastened to should sit at the very bottom of the peg. the peg should be hollowed out, with one side open. just fit the string into the peg, and slide the peg back in. make sure that the hollowed out side of the peg is facing the neck and not the bottom of the guitar when you put it back in
Lol I broke the 6th Low E string.... **** now i have to go back to the guitar store and buy a new one.

Lol wtf I tightened it too much.
Did you put the string to the inside of the headstock? AS in, teh string comes up to the tunder piece and the string is closer to the center of the headstock than the outside? That was the first mistake I made restringing.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Place the ball end of the string into the hole that the peg came out of. The peg should have a goove in it. That side goes towards the neck of the guitar. Then reinsert the peg snugly, Then string as you would normally, that is over the bridge saddle and over the nut to the tuning machine. It's that simple.
I'm finished changing the strings... Woah that took a while.
Well, now that you know how, the next time will be easy. Hope everyone's advice helped.