I know epiphone had a lp junior before....but they just realeased a new 57 reissue. It like 300 us dollars. What are your guys thoughts on it?
I have an Epi LP Jr. but there's no SN, so i have no idea what the year is. It's pretty old and beat up, but awesome for playing slide.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
It's as good as the $750 Gibson version. Same mahogany body and mahogany set neck, better tuners on the Epi, and arguably better pickup. It's worth the $300. But really - Don't buy a guitar just because Billie Joe Armstrong uses one.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
If I had the money to get it I would, not really a fan of the classic Yellow color it comes in though, I like the classic sunburst Though,
Last edited by Spade1 at Jul 31, 2006,
^Yes, but if you shred the hell out of it, that "Billie Joe stigma" suddenly disappears.

I'm looking at possibly picking up a Vintage Sunburst one. Either that or and Agile...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
It's as good as the $750 Gibson version. Same mahogany body and mahogany set neck, better tuners on the Epi, and arguably better pickup. It's worth the $300. But really - Don't buy a guitar just because Billie Joe Armstrong uses one.

not the same mahogany body and set neck, i doubt they put any good mahogany into a $300 guitar, the Gibson LP JR. should have better wood, the Epi may have grovers but i doubt that its pup is better, Gibson makes some nice P90s, they are awesome in their hollowbodies IMO and it should be the same pup in the Junior, its a good guitar for $300 though, and the Epi will be of better quality build than the agile depending on model some have had problems with bad bindings or inlays and frets, and from what ive heard algee say on the wood and overall quality, they arent as good as the hype but id say they are okay-good for the price
Quote by Teleprompters
not the same mahogany body and set neck, i doubt they put any good mahogany into a $300 guitar, the Gibson LP JR. should have better wood, the Epi may have grovers but i doubt that its pup is better, Gibson makes some nice P90s, they are awesome in their hollowbodies IMO and it should be the same pup in the Junior, its a good guitar for $300 though, and the Epi will be of better quality build than the agile depending on model some have had problems with bad bindings or inlays and frets, and from what ive heard algee say on the wood and overall quality, they arent as good as the hype but id say they are okay-good for the price

Its a genuine Gibson P-100 in there, I think.
Quote by JerrySeinfeld
are Epi Jrs worse than Squiers? Or are the bille joe sig ones better?

Well lets just say, with the $100 Epi you get what you pay for, but I've heard that some people have modded them a bit and they are decent guitars. This one is the '57 reissue which has a P-100 pickup, mahogany body and set neck. It's much better.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?