i own a fender squier and it pretty much sucks and I'm thinking of getting a new guitar but I want some help choosing. I'm into playing classic rock and things of that nature(Floyd, Zeppelin, Who). What guitar would you reccomend?

The reason I didn't put this in another forum is because i also have a question about strings. What are the best strings for my guitar or the guitar you recommend. I'm looking for strings that are very bend friendly.

Same goes for my Ovation celebrity acoustic/electric. If you own one, what are the best strings for this guitar? I have lost the manual saying what they recommend so does anybody else have it or suggest some strings they use?
depends on how much you want to spend. $300-$500 your looking at an epi les paul or a mexican strat. $500-$700, a nicer epi les paul, or maybe a low end used gibson. any higher and you get into gibson and american strat territory, and the standards (and studio's for Gibson) are very nice for both companies.

um, maybe .9 gauge strings...... gibson britewires?

as for the ovation..... i just get takamine medium gauge strings for my martin and they do the trick.
Quote by redstapler1228
i own a fender squier and it pretty much sucks and I'm thinking of getting a new guitar but I want some help choosing. I'm into playing classic rock and things of that nature(Floyd, Zeppelin, Who). What guitar would you reccomend?

The reason I didn't put this in another forum is because i also have a question about strings. What are the best strings for my guitar or the guitar you recommend. I'm looking for strings that are very bend friendly.

Same goes for my Ovation celebrity acoustic/electric. If you own one, what are the best strings for this guitar? I have lost the manual saying what they recommend so does anybody else have it or suggest some strings they use?

Search Ovations website or email/call them. I've done it with a Samec before and they gave me the list of every guitar and the strings they come with.

It's all preference about the strings. Electric, if you want bend friendly, go with 9's, especially if you're new. But you can do pretty much anything with 10's that you can do with 9's if you practice enough, and the tone is better.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat