I read somewhere the other day that GlassJaw are working on a new album, and shooting for a mid 2007 release.

Does this excite anyone else? I figured with Daryl being in Head Automatica would take up most of his time, but apparently he's still putting in on a lot for GlassJaw.

Comments?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
i love glassjaw and i couldn't give to ****s if Daryl is busy as long as they are back
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
i'm pretty sure the "somewhere" that you read it was the fantasy section of Your Mind Weekly.

i think next year would be extremely optimistic.

i remember reading something in an interview on this website www.base001.net
i don't know where it is, maybe i'll edit this later with the link
I read sometihng somewhere that said they were doing something, and Daryl was involved, but the guy who's in Men Women and Children wasnt.
I found this

GlassJAw status, from MTV.com, dispelling some online rumors stating that the new GlassJAw album is already done (but is indeed on the way):

"I f---ing wish it was done!" he exclaimed. "It's just getting started. I have a lot of lyrics and a significant amount of music ready. But it's just going to move slowly. We need the money to do the record, and we need to figure out who will put it out ? we need to figure out the recording schedule, where we're going to do it and who we'll do it with.

"There's a concept I'm tinkering with for this album," he continued. "Every member of the band's currently busy with other projects, but there will always be a special place in all our hearts for Glassjaw. We're very much looking forward to playing music that will offend, insult and frighten many people."
Quote by extraction
I found this

GlassJAw status, from MTV.com, dispelling some online rumors stating that the new GlassJAw album is already done (but is indeed on the way):

"I f---ing wish it was done!" he exclaimed. "It's just getting started. I have a lot of lyrics and a significant amount of music ready. But it's just going to move slowly. We need the money to do the record, and we need to figure out who will put it out ? we need to figure out the recording schedule, where we're going to do it and who we'll do it with.

"There's a concept I'm tinkering with for this album," he continued. "Every member of the band's currently busy with other projects, but there will always be a special place in all our hearts for Glassjaw. We're very much looking forward to playing music that will offend, insult and frighten many people."

Yea, the interview I read included this, but then there was a little more. I'll have to search through my history and find the link. It talked about all that and it also talked about Daryl and how he's doing better with his Crohn's disease and how it's not affecting him as much as it used to. It also said that they are shooting for a mid-2007 release date. So I was thinking probably somewhere around June or July? Which is a long time if you think about how long it's been since Worship and Tribute came out.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
I would love a new album. I listened to them in my car this morning.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by Cedence
I've been digging this band lately

[Throws on his "With Stupid" t-shirt.]

Both Everything You Ever Wanted To Know ... and Worship And Tribute are good albums. Personally, though, I hope the abrasion you hear in "Siberian Kiss" and "Lovebites and Razorlines" from Everything show up on the new album. Worship's jazz influences are interesting, though.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Man they are great. I love blasting up tip your bartender!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by grungefan89
[Throws on his "With Stupid" t-shirt.]

Both Everything You Ever Wanted To Know ... and Worship And Tribute are good albums. Personally, though, I hope the abrasion you hear in "Siberian Kiss" and "Lovebites and Razorlines" from Everything show up on the new album. Worship's jazz influences are interesting, though.

I agree. I like the edgier sound of Everything, but I really did enjoy the jazzier feel of Worship. Perhaps with the next cd they can meld the two.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
I had a dream last night about this record coming out. It was called "Tight" and Beck also released a solo record, haha!
ρ
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
When is there going to be any material from UN?

i don't know (goes and looks it up)
I hope its true. Glassjaw was insane. Last I heard Daryl was starting a grindcore side proj with former number 12 members and the guitarist of thursday. Dont know where that went.
Quote by xEngagex
I hope its true. Glassjaw was insane. Last I heard Daryl was starting a grindcore side proj with former number 12 members and the guitarist of thursday. Dont know where that went.

I'd heard rumors of this too. Even if I didn't like the result, it would be an interesting combination that I'd listen to at least once. And probably more considering that I like the material of all involved.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Lovely. Have they released anything yet?

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
How sad. Perhaps I'll google them.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by Cory Smash
How sad. Perhaps I'll google them.

I would doubt if you would actually get much info on the band's current status as of the past few months. There is a single thread for them over at Head Automatica Forums and two different threads at Glassjaw Forums, not to mention the Wikipedia article and a breif news article here, which, according to that last link there, there are seven tracks, mostly incomplete, and there are circumstances, such as the rather odd way the songs are being put together and recorded, that are preventing them from being officially released in some form.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
I'm absolutely adoring Worship and Tribute right now. I don't think I've listened to this cd in it's entirety since I last posted here.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
daryl's vocals have improved immensly since being in HA, maybe if they just add a solid guitarist to their line-up, we might have something very special on how hands for the end of year.
nah i dont think the new album's coming out this year, however much i would like that. i'm really loving EYEWTKAS at the moment.