Page 1 of 2
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

Anyway; we've all talked about how much certain bands kick ass live but my question to you is: Have you ever been to a lousy show? One that's just awful beyond compare? If so, share your experiences and tell us what sucked about it. I would post my option but I'm gonna need sometime to think about it.

Alright, then.
I had the unfortunately displeasure of having to hear Fall Out Boy at the Warped Tour last year.

It wasn't that I can't stand them. They really are horrible live. In addition they're ****ing annoying as people on stage.
Last edited by Frenzied at Jul 31, 2006,
Blink 182. Green Day was cool but Blink sucked... especially since I've moved on from that music.

A local show, too. It was all Screamo ****.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
avril lavigne (sp?)

it was a multi-band show though. my god, she was terrible.
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.

Founder of the "I have better taste in everything than you" club - don't pm me to join, we're full at the moment. Not enough folding chairs.
My schools battle of the bands had all Emo, pop punk, and hardcore punk bands...and none could sing whatsoever.
Nevermore
Evergrey
just kidding, it ruled. Evergrey was loud as hell, and I was leaning on four 6 foot tall PA's.
Alot of local shows kinda...suck. Too much screamo, too much whiney ****, it's really repetitive. Then you have every ****ing local punk band around here...god save us all. There is the occasional good act. But I stopped going to local ones. Nothing compares to the nights I saw Buckethead/That 1 Guy and Claypool recently. Hopefully Al Di Meola in October...hopefully.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171
I now believe you are truly the smartest man alive!!! You're a pimp!

I used him alright
The Founder & Fearless Frog of the Primus Sucks Club. PM me to join.
Member of the Mitch Hedberg Pwns club
Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
Oct. 30 2004 for my birthday i went to see Van Halen and Rose Hill Drive opened for them.

It was **** beyond words. Thank god it was Van Halen and Sammy or i would have taken off.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by StratEnRegalia
Alot of local shows kinda...suck. Too much screamo, too much whiney ****, it's really repetitive. Then you have every ****ing local punk band around here...god save us all. There is the occasional good act. But I stopped going to local ones. Nothing compares to the nights I saw Buckethead/That 1 Guy and Claypool recently. Hopefully Al Di Meola in October...hopefully.

OMG DUDE! Someone else who hates our "scene"!

Haha man, I'm in a band that sounds nothing like that overdone emo crap around here. We are heavily influenced by Tool/BB/Classic Rock, sounds quite good imo.

But yeah, worst live show definately had to be some local shows, or maybe when I saw Smile Empty Soul live, they came on drunk and called people from PA boring. They played 4 songs terribly, then got booed off stage. You just don't call people boring when you suck.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Quote by BreakingBnj

Haha man, I'm in a band that sounds nothing like that overdone emo crap around here. We are heavily influenced by Tool/BB/Classic Rock, sounds quite good imo.

But yeah, worst live show definately had to be some local shows, or maybe when I saw Smile Empty Soul live, they came on drunk and called people from PA boring. They played 4 songs terribly, then got booed off stage. You just don't call people boring when you suck.

Yeah, that's pretty lame. Has anyone seen that Nickelback video in Portugal or Brazil or whatever, where people start throwing rocks at them. The lead singer's like "Uh yeahhhh do you guys wanna hear some rock and roll or what uhhhh"
Local Battle of the bands, everyone sucked and the guitar players in all the bands played sh*ty powercord riffs, all the bands were pop-punk and emo it made me want to start my own death metal band and completly shred them all to death!!!!
Quote by BreakingBnj

Yeah, go search myspace for Kerouac And The Beat or something like that. It's a shame such a fantastic author is attached to such a lousy band. I know the drummer, his name is Joe, he's your average punk douche bag who thinks only fags listen to the beatles because it makes him feel more masculine and secure in his lonely ass mind. You're either than kind of band, or you're ****ing Far From Proud *sticks soddering iron up dick hole" Those ****ers went to our same damn High School, not a school honor...PA blows, man, I gotta get closer East, get to some NY and Philly shows more often, and the occasional nice one in MD.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

I used him alright
Quote by StratEnRegalia
Nothing compares to the nights I saw Buckethead/That 1 Guy and Claypool recently

Isn't Trey Anastasio in a band with them?

The worst concert I've ever been to was an acoustic Matt Good set, I liked him before I saw him solo like that. All of his songs were exactly the same. I could only tell them apart by waiting until he said the song title. Plus he's the most depressing guy I've ever seen in my life, I think he invented emo. Talking about kids shooting themselves and ****, just ruined everyone's buzz.
Buckethead was in a band with Claypool, Bernie Worrell (Funkadelic) and Brain (Primus in the late 90's). Trey was not in that one. Claypool played with Trey and Stewart Copeland (The Police) in a project called Oysterhead. I know too much Claypool ****, I feel the urge to start a Primus club or something. Personally, it'd be weird to say Claypool and/or Buckethead to work with That 1 Guy, his opener blew my mind, I thought I was ****ed up, it was such an original act, perfect opener. THAT was a good choice for the tour manager or whatever.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

I used him alright
Last edited by StratEnRegalia at Jul 31, 2006,
Trivium was pretty bad, it's just that Matt can't scream while playing or something so he sang all the songs and they sounded terrible, and the guitar seemed muddy. I haven't been to many concerts so that would be the worst.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
As I Lay Dying. Boring as ****, espescially coming after some pretty kick ass bands.
GWAR. Their whole stage show gets boring and annoying really fast.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
yes, and yes
Last summer, i saw bob dylan and willie nelson, with the greencards opening up for them. the greencards were good, but i know them because they've played some shows around here. Willie Nelson was good, even though i'm not a big willie fan. But bob dylan, who i had really wanted to see...well...it sucked. He sat in a corner behind a piano, didn't allow any closeups of himself, and his vocals came off worse than anything i've ever heard in my life. And i'm a dylan fan...but that show...it sucked....
...hey...
I couldn't go this year. But my friend got Behemoth to autograph a dollar bill for me hahahaha.
Death by Stereo sucked horribly, so did Saosin, in fact, that whole concert sucked, but meh it was only like 10 bucks haha
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

I saw Blood On the Wall open for the Yeah Yeah Yeah's. Not good.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by Buttloaves
I couldn't go this year. But my friend got Behemoth to autograph a dollar bill for me hahahaha.

Behemoth didn't play the Montreal show . I got Corey Bealieau from Trivium to autograph my shirt. It's pretty faded now though, lol.

Speaking of bad live acts...Hate Eternal. They were the opening act, the crowd wasn't really into it, guitar was muddy as hell, you could hardly make out what the guitarist was playing, no tone. Shame.
Quote by invisible_man
As I Lay Dying. Boring as ****, espescially coming after some pretty kick ass bands.
GWAR. Their whole stage show gets boring and annoying really fast.

I went to SotU in Toronto, and yeah, they are boring. Funny when the vocalist calls the devil horns the "metal hands". Also, I met Sam Dunn (maker of Metal: A Headbangers Journey) there. It was soo random.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by bass_man_5_4_3_
bad acid trip

I have to say I quite enjoyed their performance. Granted, I didn't know what the hell they were saying, but they looked fun onstage. The lead singer is crazy...
Member #12 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
A Tribute to the Egales concert. The music was fine, but the crowd sucked balls. We were outside and there was no energy. No mosh, no jumping, no fights, no drinking. Nothing.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Teabag of Truth
Trivium was pretty bad, it's just that Matt can't scream while playing or something so he sang all the songs and they sounded terrible, and the guitar seemed muddy. I haven't been to many concerts so that would be the worst.

Well Matt had a throat infection unfourtunately. But Corey is doing most of the screaming now!
Quote by zekk
A Tribute to the Egales concert. The music was fine, but the crowd sucked balls. We were outside and there was no energy. No mosh, no jumping, no fights, no drinking. Nothing.

You do realize anything involving the Eagles in any way/shape/form is bound to suck massively, right?
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by alwaysbored
Last summer, i saw bob dylan and willie nelson, with the greencards opening up for them. the greencards were good, but i know them because they've played some shows around here. Willie Nelson was good, even though i'm not a big willie fan. But bob dylan, who i had really wanted to see...well...it sucked. He sat in a corner behind a piano, didn't allow any closeups of himself, and his vocals came off worse than anything i've ever heard in my life. And i'm a dylan fan...but that show...it sucked....

I know what your sayin about Bob, I saw him a few months back. He doesnt play guitar anymore because I dont think he can. I think he has carpal tunnell (he is 60 something). And at first I was dissapointed, but after I thought about it I realized that for him to try and replicate things he did decades ago would just sound crappy.
So he accepts that he is a different kind of an artist now and creates his show based on that.
Bon Jovi (yeah, I know) was pretty bad, just because the sound quality was terrible. It was in Hyde Park and just really quiet.

Billy Corgan was pretty bad too, but I managed to liven it up by being violently sick then having a little nap.
velvet revolver
that concert pretty much made me stop listening to them
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Hundred Reasons... they had these big flashing bright (very very bright) lights at the front of the stage, that made it so everyone was just looking at the floor, literally! You just didn't want to watch, the sound was muddy and they seemed like they didn't want to be there.
Well the worst professional concert i went to was probably just the counting crows of that concert cause the goo goo dolls did good but the counting crows played slow songs all night then didn't play mr. jones! the crowd was so pissed lol
Worship Mark Tremonti!
Kaiser Chiefs. Not through choice - it was at a festival and my girlfriend wanted to see them, but my god they were ****. And their fans blow too.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Page 1 of 2