I'm a new fan of his material. I've heard random songs and Fun! and I must say that he is an awesome musician. I really want to get his other stuff.

Who else likes him? and what's your favorite songs or album?
He's fantastic. Definitely one of my favourite lyricists/songwriters.

Favourite song at the moment: 'Like a Monkey in The Zoo'. I'd yousendit it for whoever may be interested, but I'm very, very lazy.
all my friends are vampires, didn't they were vampires, turns out iwas a vampire myself within the devil town
u missed when time and life shook hands and said good bye./

/so long.
/
Ok so is it just me that thinks that he is absolutely TERRIBLE? His lyrics are alright and he can play the piano pretty well...but god damn I've heard better sounds come out of a cat dropped in a meat grinder. He cant play guitar and he REEEEEALLY cant sing. Now I dont kno what songs he had covered by bigger artists, but just him at a performance tho...yeah I just dont get it. Why on God's green earth did he ever even get kinda famous? Well that fact and hes a frickin nutjob...I just dont understand. Someone please clue me in on why...please for the love of God tell me why he is considered a "musical genius"....I just dont frickin understand

He also really ticks me off because people out there see him and how much he talks about satan and being christian...and he 100% puts out a bad name for the entire faith. It really is unfortunate that he is all jacked up in the head, but he does not need to be famous in my opinion.
Elitists and Hypocrites
Last edited by CSUTremonti777 at Sep 16, 2006,
Quote by CSUTremonti777
Ok so is it just me that thinks that he is absolutely TERRIBLE? His lyrics are alright and he can play the piano pretty well...but god damn I've heard better sounds come out of a cat dropped in a meat grinder. He cant play guitar and he REEEEEALLY cant sing. Now I dont kno what songs he had covered by bigger artists, but just him at a performance tho...yeah I just dont get it. Why on God's green earth did he ever even get kinda famous? Well that fact and hes a frickin nutjob...I just dont understand. Someone please clue me in on why...please for the love of God tell me why he is considered a "musical genius"....I just dont frickin understand

He also really ticks me off because people out there see him and how much he talks about satan and being christian...and he 100% puts out a bad name for the entire faith. It really is unfortunate that he is all jacked up in the head, but he does not need to be famous in my opinion.

scott stapp is pretty damn ****ed up and lame but you still like him so shut the hell up you ****tard.

daniel johnston is an amazing singer/songwriter. he is definatley one of my favorites. he is so completley raw and real. everything he sings is so real and you can tell. he makes good real music.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
Quote by Zeke5000
scott stapp is pretty damn ****ed up and lame but you still like him so shut the hell up you ****tard.

daniel johnston is an amazing singer/songwriter. he is definatley one of my favorites. he is so completley raw and real. everything he sings is so real and you can tell. he makes good real music.

Now did I insult you? No I did not so lay off. I asked a question, and you did not answer it. You say he is real, I did not know that things that people with mental illnesses make could be considered so "real". And I also questioned why he is famous because of his actual performing. He cannot sing, and if you think he can then you need to impale yourself on a meat hook and hang there until death. He also cannot play the guitar with any kind of respectable talent, he can make sound come out of it while keeping time yes, but anything I've heard from him is faaaaaaaar from a guitar masterpiece.

And as for your wonderfully intelligent Scott Stapp comment, in case you didnt notice my name is TREMONTI. Could it possibly be that I might like Creed because of him?

Well?

Could it?

All I'm saying is AS A PURE PERFORMING MUSICIAN, why/how did he get famous. "He's so raw" or "he's so real" does not count....your answer does not satisfy my curiousity. Someone else please attempt to explain it to me intelligently (and now yes I have insulted you)
Elitists and Hypocrites
I like.

Cant wait for the docu-film about him to get released.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
For those in the Uk, on Wednesday night More4 are showing The Devil and Daniel Johnston.

Its on at 9pm, get it watched !!!!

I know ill be.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
ok so in reading his wiki i noticed this little tidbit of info...."It has recently been confirmed that he is the "the coolest man to ever live" by Jesus Christ himself."

if the jesus likes him i shall check him out...

ok so the checking out part is done, what i hear is alright and may grow on me...so where would a good place to start be?
Last edited by uhh_me? at Jan 8, 2007,
Quote by CSUTremonti777
Now did I insult you? No I did not so lay off. I asked a question, and you did not answer it. You say he is real, I did not know that things that people with mental illnesses make could be considered so "real". And I also questioned why he is famous because of his actual performing. He cannot sing, and if you think he can then you need to impale yourself on a meat hook and hang there until death. He also cannot play the guitar with any kind of respectable talent, he can make sound come out of it while keeping time yes, but anything I've heard from him is faaaaaaaar from a guitar masterpiece.

And as for your wonderfully intelligent Scott Stapp comment, in case you didnt notice my name is TREMONTI. Could it possibly be that I might like Creed because of him?

Well?

Could it?

All I'm saying is AS A PURE PERFORMING MUSICIAN, why/how did he get famous. "He's so raw" or "he's so real" does not count....your answer does not satisfy my curiousity. Someone else please attempt to explain it to me intelligently (and now yes I have insulted you)

Clearly this music isn’t your cup of tea, but according to your own personal preferences your like music that is precise ( Judging by your tremonti handle) and mapped out, Daniel Johnstons music is whimsical and real, regardless of the mans proficiency on instruments. and by the way I'm a concert pianist so professional music is my business but music like this holds water more so than a pseudo compositor guitar layout like malmsteen plus it has heart and I can tell you straight off their are a lot of 'pro' musicians out their that would hold Daniel Johnston in more regard than Mike Tremonti
Quote by CSUTremonti777

Bob Dylan wasn't very good at guitar either. His voice wasn't very good either. So, what you're basically saying is that Dylan shouldn't be good either. Plus, good songs don't have to be guitar masterpieces, dipshit.

I have Welcome to My World, I like it.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Bob Dylan wasn't very good at guitar either. His voice wasn't very good either. So, what you're basically saying is that Dylan shouldn't be good either. Plus, good songs don't have to be guitar masterpieces, dipshit.

I have Welcome to My World, I like it.

True. But on a different note, I don't like Dylan.
I've only heard the Bright Eyes "Devil Town" cover. What's some good stuff to start with?

I haven't even heard the guy and I can still say he's better than Creed/Alter Bridge.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Good Daniel Johnston song = Love Wheel
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
alot fo respect to this man, I love all of his music.

I have a 'hi, how are you' T-shirt.
...And The Nominees Are
it's quite a coincedence that i saw a documentary about him on more 4 the other day.

i hadn't really heard much of his songs (except a couple of random tracks) but you have to have respect for the guy.

his music is okay, i find it difficult to get into it.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Well I watched MTV today, and luckily, here in Canada MTV exposes lots of indie bands.

So...even luckier for me, he was on today and he played two songs. My first thought was 'who is this guy? his singing sucks. but this is so raw...' and then I immediately became interested.

I'm thinking of going to purchase and album on my next musical escapade...