my first string twangs... even when its in tune. My friends guitar doesnt do this but mine does even when i put new one on. my guitar is a real cheap strat.
Last edited by care_bear_love at Aug 1, 2006,
mine used to do that when i first started cuz i thought it was in tune... but it really wasnt lol
What do you mean by, "twang?"
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
could be fret buzz, which would entail raising that side of the bridge slightly.
my electronic tuner says its in tune...i tuned it standard rised it one step and dropped it one step but it still does it.
Quote by edwardthegreat5
What do you mean by, "twang?"

when i play the string open and only when its open it makes a lower pitched sound then goes to a higher pitched sound and then reverberates.
Quote by Broelke4
could be fret buzz, which would entail raising that side of the bridge slightly.

how could i fix that without having to spend too much money cuz if thats the case ill buy a new guitar.
Quote by care_bear_love
how could i fix that without having to spend too much money cuz if thats the case ill buy a new guitar.

Look at the saddle, do you see two little allen screws on each of the saddles, use an allen wrench to turn them.

This should lift up the saddles up, thus raising your action, just lift them up a little to where it's at the point that you can't hear the buzz through your amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
have you ever changed your strings before? because new strings usually do sound twangier but they will eventually fade and lose that tone.