Poll: What brand of strings do you use, and do you have a Floyd Rose or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: What brand of strings do you use, and do you have a Floyd Rose or not?
Non-Floyd Rose GHS
5 5%
Non-Floyd Rose D'Addario
33 32%
Non-Floyd Rose Elixir
5 5%
Non-Floyd Rose Ernie Ball
38 37%
Non-Floyd Rose Other
18 17%
FR GHS
4 4%
FR D'Addario
13 13%
FR Elixir
2 2%
FR Ernie Ball
7 7%
FR Other
2 2%
Voters: 104.
I wanna know. What kind of strings do you use? I've also included extra options, since I'd also like to know what percentage of you have a Floyd Rose, and what strings you use. To the moderators: "This poll is a learning experience for me. It'll help me make some important decisions."

I use Ernie Ball .9's, on one or two guitars, and .10's on most of my guitars... I have no idea what's on my bass, or my acoustic guitar. I have a nice mix on my acoustic, since I had to use some spares... I think the high E is like, .11 or something...
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Last edited by RelientKaddict at Aug 1, 2006,
I don't have A floyd rose and I use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinky's 11's
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
My electrics have D'addario XL 11 gauge, one with a wound G, one with a plain G. My acoustic has Peavey phoshor bronze-wound balanced 12-string strings.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I use DR strings, they've served me pretty well so far.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Dean Markley.
"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last."
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
I have some 9.s on my Washburn (I can't remember the brand) and I have D'Arrio 10.s on my Squier which I'm using at the mo as my Washburn is under repair.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I use a set of custom taylored strings, biatch. (.015-.070)

Otherwise D'addario's for the .013s (oh the <3)
or Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom (.011-.056) [argh, the top strings are too thin! help!]

or Elixir .012s if I can find them and I am feeling affectionate, or my callouses are so damn thick that I can put my fingers on a hot stove for 3 minutes without feeling any pain.
Rotosound Yellows (10's) for both electrics & Roto phospher bronze for my accoustic
Gear
Marshall JCM 600 Head
Custom celestion 2x12 cab with G12 65's
Boss GT3
Epi LP with Duncan pups (pearly gates & JB)
BC Rich ASM Platinum Pro
Yamaha APX4 Electro-Accoustic

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
is that like everywhere else football or american footbal?
D'addario 10's on FR, D'addario 11's on Fixed bridge.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
No Floyd. GHS 10s, D'addario 9s, Elixir 12s (acoustic), Martin 13s (acoustic), and Dean Markley 10s.
i have a floyd on my jackson and i use d'addario xl 10's. i have 12's on my fender acoustic, still stock, after 10 months... i change strings too often on my electric so i save money by not buying strings for acoustic.
I use Lights or Ultra Lights. Usually elixers, but the cheapest at the shop if Im short on cash.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
I use Ernie Balls AND D'Addario's. They are both delicious. Gauges are all your opinion.

yeah I use those strings I use either 10's or 11's
D'Addarios 10's ... Once played a 9 set, but it feels like with every bend it would snap. Never played any other brand though...
This parrot wouldn't voom if you'd put 4000 Volts through it.

Quote by ZoSo.Led.Zep.
you sir are an idioit

d'addario 10's man, they do everyhting well, and some things amazing, there laoded on my jag-stang and my ibanez, and when i get my yamaha there gonna be on that too
yeah, i am listening to a string quartet tribute to radio head, adn you know what, it's goooood
fender medium tension super bullets here
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
D'Addario Light Top/Heavy Bottom
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
D'addario's without a Floyd Rose. Although, my new guitar will have a FR, and I will use the same strings.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

ernie balls hybreed 9 mouther****ers
Fender 1998 Mexican Strat(black)
Squire Bullet(blue)
Silvertone pandera(black)
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Digi Teck RP-80
Marshall 60wat MG
Enrie Ball's, non FR, can't remember the gauge .
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

GHS Sub-Zero Boomer's 10's they were recommended by a fellow guitarist, they're alright but, I'm going to go back to Ernie Ball RnR when they need to be changed.
with a floyd i use either d'adarios or SIT, and i use .009s so i can do massive bends and stuff

and to the guy above, light strings do not make people a pussy you idiot they just give a different tone which is made up for by the fact that you can fret the notes cleaner and have more tonal variety due to the easier bending and vibrato ability

and dont fuckin say "if you had stonger fingers you pussy youd be able to do that with 13s anyway" or whatever because imagine if you could how much more youd be able to do on 9s again.
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Aug 2, 2006,
Quote by santaclaws0924
i use .13s on my schecter, i think that skinny strings are for pussies

Umm... 99% of heavy metal guitarists aren't pussies, therefore, that isn't accurate.
Tell Van Halen and Metallica that... Do any of them use .13's? I don' think so.
Yes, I happen to know that I'm a smartass. If anybody reads signatures, this guy is gonna have "mangled johnny" if he insults all of the famous guitarist's out there by calling them pussies.

How about this. Call them pussies when you can outplay them. All of them.
There you go.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
I have carpal tunnel, caused by profuse masturbation.
gawd, that's gonna get sigged...

Jesus for president, king, emperor, vice president, chairman, prime minister...ect. PM Cashewchaching to join the campaign. or just sig it.
Quote by santaclaws0924
i use .13s on my schecter, i think that skinny strings are for pussies

dude you rock twelves and thirteens all the way
\m/ >_< \m/

\m/ Laceration \m/

Quote by CSguitarvocal
I wish a thousand Lex Steele rapes upon you...

Quote by shawnson
Nuthin' like 12,000 inches of negro penis in the bum to set your musical taste right.