Page 1 of 5
we haven't had a thread on them in a while but here is something to talk about

the new record is called Young Machetes and comes out the 10th of oct

yeah one of my favorite bands they will always hold a place in my heart for opening the flood gates

i guess it was leaked today so if anybody as it send it over
I saw them open up for Coheed all I gotta say is thanks for the laughs. Those guys are a ****ing joke.
Quote by Reesh
I saw them open up for Coheed all I gotta say is thanks for the laughs. Those guys are a ****ing joke.

I thanked Coheed for the laughs on that tour. MewithoutYou and Dredg owned those shows.

The Blood Brothers. Great? Yes. Overrated? Like no ones business.
They've always had a distinct sound, but I have to be in a mood to listen to them.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
New album is really good, but the new mewithoutYou song came out today, so i will be listening to that instead.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
I really like this band.

Sure they're overrated, but I'd still be interested in hearing the new album when it comes out.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Yea, the band is overrated. But they do have some interesting tracks. Lyrically, they are extremely complex and really hard to understand. A lot of their songs just sound the same though. Cecilia and Trash Flavored Trash are my two favorite songs by these guys.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
i think what makes the over rated is the amount of little kids who are jumping on the blood brothers bandwagon

as anybody heard the new record? is it any good ?
I love the band. I can only stomach Burn, Piano Island, Burn and Crimes, though, as the production on their older stuff is horrible. They were one of the first hardcore bands I listened to.

And, if it's leaked already, it's not on Oink yet
I found Crimes to be incredibly annoying but Young Machetes is really good.
The album is not on Oink becasue the quality is only at 128kpps and there is a song and a half of a song missing

The new album is really good. Some of you should check your PMs. If you didn't get one leave a message.
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Aug 1, 2006,
I think Crimes would be a perfect album were it not for the last 3 songs.

As for them being over-rated... maybe in the US, but most people haven't even heard of them here in the UK.
This is a message.
PM would be appreciated
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Overated and flamboyant.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
So, I got the album from a post on another forum and... the album is ****ing great. It's really poppy, like crimes, if not more poppy. It seems a bit more 'groovy; more melodic. Still has it's really loud and noisy moments though.

It's a ****ing great cd :bowdown:
ooo they have a new album coming out?

I love them.

I'll need to pick it up.
How can we separate fact from fiction in a world where we are desensitized by our own minds?
they are considered hardcore right?

i'm pretty sure they are and always have thought that but my girlfriend tried to tell me that they werent so im just asking you professionals here lol

but yeah they are a great band

i dont know what the Fuck this smiley is doing
i got it this morning and i love it,

i wounder how many of the songs are going to end up on the album
As much as I want to hear this, I'll wait till it's released, as to not spoil it.

Ace, ace band.
Wade in the water, child.
One of my five "eye-opening bands" that got me on a path to where I am now musically, including Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Sigur Ros, and Thursday.

Over-rated? Not too much I think. Around here anyways. I mean, people love 'em, but they don't really dive into their music as much as I do. Basically most of the people around my parts are casual fans.

And honestly, they're a lot more heavy and Hardcore than most bands that get considered hardcore. The fact that they can do what they do to themselves every night is amazing and slightly scary (if you've ever seen them). They can rely on feedback, high-tuned guitars and high screams and still come off more heavy then most break-down bands.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
One of my five "eye-opening bands" that got me on a path to where I am now musically, including Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Sigur Ros, and Thursday.

Over-rated? Not too much I think. Around here anyways. I mean, people love 'em, but they don't really dive into their music as much as I do. Basically most of the people around my parts are casual fans.

And honestly, they're a lot more heavy and Hardcore than most bands that get considered hardcore. The fact that they can do what they do to themselves every night is amazing and slightly scary (if you've ever seen them). They can rely on feedback, high-tuned guitars and high screams and still come off more heavy then most break-down bands.

This reminds me about this one guy talking about Led Zeppelin. He said, "It became apparent to me heavy was the style of music you played, it's an attitude"

I think all those bands have an attitude that comes off that way.
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Blood Brother poser fan test. Aske them what's their favourite song, and if they say Love Rhymes with Hideous Car Wreck, you have liscene to laugh at their n00bishness.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Blood Brother poser fan test. Aske them what's their favourite song, and if they say Love Rhymes with Hideous Car Wreck, you have liscene to laugh at their n00bishness.

What if they actually like that song though?

Stop being such an elitist prick. In fact anyone who uses the term 'poser' or 'n00b' tend to be completes arses anyways.
i dont see how they are over rated.

I never hear about them

I love them personally, and I know, its cliche, but my favorite song is Love rhymes with Car wreck.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by pumpkins_rule

Guess What? Crimes annoys the **** out of me. I like the new album. Do you have the new album. It's better than Crimes. Why the hell would anyone want to be a poser fan of the Blood Brothers anyway? What are they supposed to say something not on Crimes?
i just got this leak yesterday, totally loving it.

they just put two of the songs on their myspace, for those who want to add the songs "set fire to the face on fire" or "lazer life" to their profiles.

i'm definitely going to try to catch them on tour with ...and you will know us by the trail of dead this fall.
Quote by pumpkins_rule

Every Breath is a Bomb that **** is brilliant.

but... love rhymes was a good song mannn
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
Quote by pumpkins_rule

I like how I have pretty much everything by the Blood Brothers except Crimes. Lawlz.

Anywus, new album, awesome.

Best song right now is "We Ride the Skeletal something".

I really want to see these guys live and if they're doing it with Trail of Dead, that's awesome because not only do I love AYWKUBTTOD (holy crap, what effing long name), but Trail of Dead is from Austin, and that means they have to come to Texas.

^^^Definately agree, i thought Set Fire to the Face on Fire was good then that song came along and it's just so amazing.
what are the dates for the trail of dead/blood brothers tour because i can't find them on either of there sites
Not a big fan of hardcore. One of my friends tried to get me to listen to the Blood Brothers and these guys are a lot different than the other stuff that I listen to. They guys have some really cool original riffs. It reminds me of Heavyheavylowlow. I only have 2 downloaded songs.

So what should I get?
how did you get Heavyheavy from the blood brothers thats crazy

get
Jennifer
Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon
Ambulance vs. Ambulance
Love Rhymes With Hideous Car Wreck
Peacock Skeleton with Crooked Feathers
Meet Me At the Water Front After the Social
Kiss of the Octopus
Page 1 of 5