I'm still wondering around looking for an amp. I've heard a lot about VHT's Pittbull heads but I haven't heard any sound clips of them I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some? Maybe give me a tonal discription of what they sound like?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
A friend of mine, also a UG member, lp_dude_2, recently tried one at GC....

He said it had a lot of gain, but lacked the balls that he expected....he still plans to get a recto!

yep. i played it for about half an hour, tried many different EQ possitions and didnt really like it. it has good tone, but unless your playing something harder then like nirvana, look for something else. and yes i still want a recto but im probally going to end up getting the B-52 listed in my sig. have the same recto tubes so the tone is same when cranked, its just that this one is available to me for $350 plus my crate, where as if i got the recto, id have to shell out about $1000+. and i dont have that kind of money. so the B-52 will do. but back on topic, just try it out for your self. and if this helps heres my thread i posted on the vht pitbull.
Sadly, I don't have anywhere to try it out unless my GC gets some in. I love the recto, but it's a little to loud for my needs and doesn't really give me the edge I need. I play mostly Melo-Death and Metalcore with my band and I have a Peavey 5150 combo that's great but I've been wanting a head so I can mess around with some cabs ect ect. I don't know unless something magical comes along I might just end up getting a 5150 II head or a Framus Cobra, I just don't know BLARG!!!!
I heard the guitarist from Helmet using a VHT at Warped Tour. It was so heavy, it sounded muddy. I didn't like it. I've never tried one personally, but just from what I've heard, it doesn't sound good. Go for the Cobra. Those things are amazing.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Mudvaynes guitarist uses one and he gets a heavy gain tone out of it. As does the Japenesse guy in Static-X
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
it's very hard to find online clips. Best bet might be harmony central amp forum. I know I couldn't find any when I was looking, but I got to try one, so it was all good.

the vht kicks ass (way too dear here though). It's got a very dry, smooth, organic tone. Voiced more for hard rock than metal, which may be why these metallers didn't like it. Piano-like cleans. Very versatile.

Awesome, I really liked it, if it hadn't been £2600 (it's cheaper in the USA).

You do need to try it if at all possible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey Dave im a Metal head and i like it though i dont use ass load of gain it gets to muddy any amp gets to muddy with to much gain
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^ aye, but better amps don't get too muddy even with loads of gain...

but yeah, I was just saying why some of these guys didn't like it. I play some metal, but I'm not really an out-and-out metal head...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmmm, well unless I just HAVE to know more I might just let this one fall to the way side. I can't play it and I probable won't be able to get the amount of the type of clips I want anyway, so I might just stick to other amps that I can get easier info on. Thanks for the help guys
^ yep, sounds like a plan. When I was buying, there were a few amps I just couldn't get to try, and it was annoying, but there was nothing I could do.

Apart from Genz Benz, who had a dealer 20 miles away, but I was too idiotic to realise.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no i dont but a member of my family is an avid amp head and he loves them. He doesnt own it but its one of his faves. (we talk about music and gear we have tried at family gatherings).
I got to play an early 90's Pitbull combo awhile back. I loved it. John Christ used a Pitbull Ultra-Lead preamp and after his solo in Danzig's song "Anything" (an amazing solo, with brialliant tone) I had to try one for myself. I've only ever heard clips of the VHT Ultra-Lead head. There were a few clips on HC awhile back, I'll see if I can find links.

EDIT: Found some clips:

http://junk.bobsavage.net/vht_ul_demo7_57s_only.mp3 (wait for the lead line in this one, it sounds great)

http://romero.justpassingthru.net/mp3files/ULTolls.mp3

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=487085&songID=4258460
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Last edited by nic_2090 at Aug 1, 2006,
Awesome! Thanks for the clips man!