how do you rake the strings? ex. livin on a prayer solo.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
rake? what is string raking?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
sweeping/raking takes time and practice to do.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

its a very advanced technique, how long have you been playing

its basically sweeping from what ive heard of...ive also heard of them being the same thing exactly - ug video
its not advanced in the slightest. Theres 2 ways of doing it i think. bar the 12th fret with your index finger and play as many strings as you think sounds good but mute it with your picking hand. Or you can hover above the 12th fret with your index finger and actually play the notes which sound then sound dull.

I hope that makes sense. Obviously i was saying 12th fret as thats the fret played in living on a prayer
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
raking isnt at all tough, first time i looked at welcome home by coheed and cambria, the raking in the intro .. easy stuff to do.. but sweeping takes time to do
Raking IS WHEN YOU.....IF YOU HAVE A LES PAUL OR A GUITAR WHERE THERE IS A BRIDGE AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR GUITAR.....THOSE STRINGS YOU DONT USE..... YOU HIT THEM THATS A RAKE....ZAKK WYLDE DOES IT ALOT LIKE IN SUPERTERRORIZER AND WORLD OF TROUBLE.....YEP

THATS ONE KIND OF RAKE THERE COULD B OTHERS

IF YOU DONT HAVE A BRIDGE THINGY ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR GUITAR THEN YOU CANT DO IT THIS WAY.....YOU CANT USE THE TOP BY THE NECK TO FAR AWAY... BOTTOM ONLY

THATS A RAKE