hey im a bass player in a band, and we came up with this song the other day and they want me do to a bass intro fot it, i can do basslines and stuff for the song but ive never made up a solo intro... any ideas??any help would be very much appreciated. thanks
Quote by ozzyisagenious
hey im a bass player in a band, and we came up with this song the other day and they want me do to a bass intro fot it, i can do basslines and stuff for the song but ive never made up a solo intro... any ideas??any help would be very much appreciated. thanks

HAHAHA SURE! I'll write a completely original intro on bass that'll sell millions and i'll just... like.... give it to you.
Quote by santhony1987
HAHAHA SURE! I'll write a completely original intro on bass that'll sell millions and i'll just... like.... give it to you.

no need to be a dick.

what i would do is play the chorus an octave higher then a desending run in whatever mode you're using *pentatonic, ionian etc.* until you hit you're root again and hopefully your verse is on the same note, if not, hopefully somewhere in key.
ok thanks guys, and for the one ass, i wasnt asking for you to write anything i was just wanting some suggestions on how to make an intro. spread love not hate.....dickface.
Use the notes in your chorus or verse or something, go up an octave (as I like to think of it, up two strings and right 2 frets, 3E would by 5 on D) and play it either faster, or as single notes in a similar pattern. Mess around and see what other notes on your fretboard compliment the riff. There are so many possibilities, it's just guess and check.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha