bad
9 47%
Voters: 19.
Page 1 of 2
good or bad??

if you vote, give me a reason for your choice
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
from carcass and arch enemy
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Er... go and play one?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
its a good guitar, but its a ripoff (as pretty much all sigs are, the only non ripoff sig ive ever seen is the tom delonge fender)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
there's a michael amott sig on ebay for 400...the only way i'll buy a sig is if it's used...i just like it because i'm gonna need another guitar and i've realized i want a shredder without a tremolo to worry about...and this seems like the best thing and it looks kickass
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Amott is one of the biggest egotistical sausage jockeys i have ever seen.

Thinks he's God, why the fucck most fools get sig guitars, i dont know.

Next it'll be the sig guitar from Tits Anonymous!
damn...just getting some feedback before i bought the guitar...what about the gibson flying v, new century, it looks pretty tight but does it play like the standard gibson v?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Hey its the guy who got sigged and said the JCM 800 sucked and that the MG gives him the tone that he wants.
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
...apparently you didn't read the whole forum:

1) the jcm 800 sucked at low volumes and when i cranked it a couple days later it sounded great

2) the mg sounds great at low volumes and when cranked it sounded way too muddy

and if you still think there's something wrong with my logic, you're an ass
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
160 for a set neck construction?

but yeah, that does look like the amott
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by Cone 21

Yeah it's probably what he based the design on when ESP asked what he wanted his sig to look like. It's the same thing with Alexi Laiho's ESP sig, which is a blatant Jackson RR rip off.
yeah that's why i don't like the alexi laiho...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
yeah that's why i don't like the alexi laiho...

Far better player than pussy Amott.
i'm talking about the guitar...it's a ripoff of the jackson randy rhoads
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
i'm talking about the guitar...it's a ripoff of the jackson randy rhoads

Yeah, i was just stating a fact.
Whoa, what's with the Amott-bashing? He's pretty damn good.

All sig gear is overpriced, but it's probably a pretty kickass guitar. But hey, if you've got the cash...
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
haha...no, i don't have the cash...i need an all mahogany shredder [except hardware :P] without a trem and with a set-in/neck-thru neck joint, can someone help me out?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
haha...no, i don't have the cash...i need an all mahogany shredder [except hardware :P] without a trem and with a set-in/neck-thru neck joint, can someone help me out?

price range?
hey man...your sig isn't cool!

uhh...probably about 500 is my budget...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Michael Amott is probably one of the best guitar players ever IMO. Hes fast, he has feel and he has vast technical and musical knowledge. A lot better than a lot of other metal guitarists. Since when is he a pussy, davedoom, do you know him, have you seen him? Trust me he is far from being a pussy and he aint an egotistical sausage jockey either. He is quite noble and modest when it comes to his playing, ive seen his interviews and he is a nice guy. So before you judge someone, get you facts right and make an informed judgement instead of making stupid and unjustified accusations. And guitar companies are the ones that promote sig guitars, the artists just sign and get a cut off the top. Then the guitar companies promote it. The artists are just trying to promote what they use as being good equipment. Just because they are offered a sig guitar it doesnt make anyone egotistical sausage jockeys. Im sure if say, Gibson came to you and offered you a sig guitar, you'd go "oh no, no way i want a sig guitar made after me, shove it if your ass, id rather die". I think not. I'll reitierate this so your pea brain can understand it. Make informed opinions and judgements next time. Fuck you very much and goodbye.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Pwned!!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
I "met" him at the MusikMesse last April, he seemed nice enough. George Lynch, though, that guy's a ****.
Quote by dimebag_love
hey man...your sig isn't cool!

uhh...probably about 500 is my budget...

Sure it is.Dont you know that tube amps dont sound that great at low volumes and SS do.You dumbass.And Alexi intentionally wanted his sig to look like that because he had 2 Custom RR Jacksons that got stolen and ESP said they would make him new ones faster than Jackson would do for him.So I recomend that you get your facts straight before you start whining.
Originally Posted by RideTheAnger13
Getting a spider II for a gift is like getting coal for christmas. Whoever is getting that for you obviously doesn't like you.
Yeah Dimebag_love, you're an idiot, or so i gather from all of your posts. And the MG does not sound good at low volumes, it sucks then as well.

I don't understand the wave of Amott bashing here, he's pretty good and i've never seen him to be a twat in any way. Good guitar, but overpriced as the others are saying.
you can go to hell, it's my opinion
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love

Sounds like an Ibanez SZ, but I don't if that's your idea of a shredder?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
yeah, those look like shredders to me

anything with a thin neck and scale length around 24 3/4 seems like a shredder to me
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
dude it's like the mustaine sig is a king v, but i'd still rather get the ltd then a low end jackson, for the price, esp ftw (in this case)
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
wait....what are you saying?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
wait....what are you saying?

Nothing that has to do with the subject at hand.

Id go for an ibanez sz 320. I had one, it was great. Then it got stolen. I want another.
how do you get gear stolen?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
how do you get gear stolen?

Leave your front door open overnight with a sign outside saying "Steal from me, many valuables inside" and see what happens.
Quote by IncubusMan999
Michael Amott is probably one of the best guitar players ever IMO. Hes fast, he has feel and he has vast technical and musical knowledge. A lot better than a lot of other metal guitarists. Since when is he a pussy, davedoom, do you know him, have you seen him? Trust me he is far from being a pussy and he aint an egotistical sausage jockey either. He is quite noble and modest when it comes to his playing, ive seen his interviews and he is a nice guy. So before you judge someone, get you facts right and make an informed judgement instead of making stupid and unjustified accusations. And guitar companies are the ones that promote sig guitars, the artists just sign and get a cut off the top. Then the guitar companies promote it. The artists are just trying to promote what they use as being good equipment. Just because they are offered a sig guitar it doesnt make anyone egotistical sausage jockeys. Im sure if say, Gibson came to you and offered you a sig guitar, you'd go "oh no, no way i want a sig guitar made after me, shove it if your ass, id rather die". I think not. I'll reitierate this so your pea brain can understand it. Make informed opinions and judgements next time. Fuck you very much and goodbye.

Well done, i didnt actually say he was a bad guitarist, my point (if people read) was to say that in fact he does think he's a god in terms of guitar playing (in many interviews), when actually i havent seen anything truly original from him.
I believe also (Amott is just one) that many fairly low key players get sig axes. I accept this, but just think its silly (prices etc).
However, i do love topical debate on these forums, instead of telling kids what amps they should get and how to get anything by Tom DeFlange.
i've heard that artists don't go around asking for sigs, but companies go to artists who think could promote their company and make a sig after them...that's why i don't rely on what big artists use to judge gear, i have to play it myself
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
I don't find the SZ has a particularly thin neck, but it is still very shreddable.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
okay...i'll check it out
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by davedoom
Well done, i didnt actually say he was a bad guitarist, my point (if people read) was to say that in fact he does think he's a god in terms of guitar playing (in many interviews), when actually i havent seen anything truly original from him.
I believe also (Amott is just one) that many fairly low key players get sig axes. I accept this, but just think its silly (prices etc).
However, i do love topical debate on these forums, instead of telling kids what amps they should get and how to get anything by Tom DeFlange.

it seemed like that with what you were saying. Wow ive never seen someone defy their opinions so fast before.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Page 1 of 2