What is a good amp for hardcore. like Chiodos, Underoath, As I Lay Dying, etc.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Quote by Rancid_Misfits
What is a good amp for hardcore. like Chiodos, Underoath, As I Lay Dying, etc.

umm yeeah...a good amp would be the "go kill yourself because hardcore sucks" by marshall

haha =D sorry bout that...try kranks or mesas
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Jason from Chiodos uses an ENGL Powerball and Pat uses a JCM2000 I think. Tim from UnderOATH has used Peavey 5150's, Orange AD140's, Orange Rockerverbs, Marshall JCM900's and now uses Marshall Plexis and James has used most of those same amps. And to my knowledge, AILD uses Kranks. Anyhow, the best hardcore amps are 5150/6505, Mesa Rectos and Marshall's can get the job done.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
yeah the JCM2000 is a good amp too
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Actually, the higher end Line 6's aren't bad. But the Spider series sucks. As for Vox's, they're great amps and could be overdriven to do hardcore/metal, but probably wouldn't be suited for it. I know Tim McTague from Underoath used a Vox while recording Define the Great Line. If you can really afford it, try getting a Marshall Plexi. The guitarist from the Jonbenet has his up on Ebay and the opening bid was $10. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200012842921
It can be pushed to do hardcore. On its own, it can be pushed pretty far. If you're looking to just play hardcore and cleans aren't anything huge, look at the 5150/6505 or if cleans do matter, the 5150II/6505+. If you want to play music other than hardcore, look at an Orange Rockerverb or Mesa Recto. Both are great all around amps, but come at the price of an arm and a leg. A JCM2000 and a JCM900 will also get the job done, but they both might need an OD of some sort.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by universal_man
erm...
line 6...??
vox...??

there are other amps out there other than tiny little practice amps...

Mesa
Marshall

your standard hi-gain amps.

and its really anoying when people say like "I need an amp for emo" or "i need an amp for metal" ...basically "I need an amp for _____ " ... why narrow things down by genre...when in reality its based on sound. Whatever sounds good to you will work for you.

end rant.
yes...spider series are not the amp that i like..
sometimes the sound too slow,sometimes too loud
Quote by universal_man
yes...spider series are not the amp that i like..
sometimes the sound too slow,sometimes too loud

Dont double post, especially crap like that.

And hes right, a Marshall would be good. As long as its an ALL TUBE marshall.
Quote by TheFluffy
Dont double post, especially crap like that.

And hes right, a Marshall would be good. As long as its an ALL TUBE marshall.

Or a Marshall Valvestate 8080.

Go play one yourself. AND THEN decide.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
there are other amps out there other than tiny little practice amps...

I trust you never played a cranked AC30 all valve then have you?

Thats as far away from practice amp as you can get.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Whats wrong with Spider? I got the HD112 and its the best amp I have played on especially for "Hardcore". Are you going to be playing in a gig or practicing in the house alot?
Quote by Pedricko
I trust you never played a cranked AC30 all valve then have you?

Thats as far away from practice amp as you can get.

an AC30 isnt a "tiny little practice amp". But good try anyways.
Try Randall, Marshall sound for a Crate price.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Try Randall, Marshall sound for a Crate price.

Not really.....at all.
i know the keyboardist from chiodos' mom, lol. but pretty much anything with high gain will get you in the ballpark. for poppier stuff like underoath and chiodos you'll probably want more british type amps. you'll want to use lots of mids too, poppier hardcore = tons of mids!