Page 1 of 2
has anyone had any encounters with them before?

I've been to a few places that are supposedly haunted, but I didnt see anything out of the ordinary, needless to say.. i was still scared ****less of the surroundings.

and what do you think of ghosts in the media, true or just a buncha made up crap?
Yes i do believe in Ghosts. I'm also a VERY strong believe in UFOs.

UFOs are in my top 3 fav. things along with music and guitars. I have a bookshelf with, the last time i counted, 213 UFO books. I have a few ghost books, maybe 6 or 7.

I find ghost books/articles become old. It's always the same pics over and over. With UFOs, you have videos and pics that are always different.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
one time a ghost tied me up and sucked my cok.

it was great until my mom walked in. now the ghostbusters are gettin sucked off.
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Last edited by *kill'emall* at Aug 1, 2006,
Yeah. Bastard owes me ten dollars. Havent seen him in years.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
i believe in ghosts, but i think the media largely makes them look like a joke with amateur teams of investigators like those morons on the Travel Channel's Most Haunted series and the hokey, cheesy commentaries on Weird Travels. If not for my mother's own stories of growing up in two haunted homes, I wouldn't believe in them, mainly out of negative media influence.
Totally believe in ghosts, I've had a few weird experiences which makes me believe they definitely exist
So lets put on our classics and we'll have a little dance, shall we?
Quote by Stop Messin'
Yes i do believe in Ghosts. I'm also a VERY strong believe in UFOs.

They don't even belong in the same category.

It's obvious that aliens/other lifeforms exist beyond our own. Ghosts, however, are an illsuion created by the minds of people who can't accept the fact there's nothing left for them when they die. Ghosts do not exist.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by *Spider*
Totally believe in ghosts, I've had a few weird experiences which makes me believe they definitely exist

Where abouts in Kent are you from? I'm from Tenterden, nr Ashford

I believe in spirits, but not "ghosts". How do we know that these ghosts aren't alternate lifeforms trying to contact us? If there ARE other beings in our universe, who says they have to be anything like us, or exist in the same way we do?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Where abouts in Kent are you from? I'm from Tenterden, nr Ashford

I believe in spirits, but not "ghosts". How do we know that these ghosts aren't alternate lifeforms trying to contact us? If there ARE other beings in our universe, who says they have to be anything like us, or exist in the same way we do?

Im in Sevenoaks, so not too far from you at all. You know what kent's like for all this sort of thing- check out Hever Castle for some proper spooky stuff.
So lets put on our classics and we'll have a little dance, shall we?
I've Witnessed to ghosts having sex, it wouldnt have been so strange if they werent two gay ghosts doing it. I recorded it anyway, it shall be on youtube shortly.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Quote by *Spider*
Im in Sevenoaks, so not too far from you at all. You know what kent's like for all this sort of thing- check out Hever Castle for some proper spooky stuff.

Dude, I've got a couple of mates who live in Pluckley, aka the most haunted town in the UK It's awesome, we've been ghost hunting a few times. Once we drove to some woods, and as we were pulling into the car park we saw a horrifying sight....

Doggers! It was amazing
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I seen a ghost round my cousins house about 10 years ago. I think it was his Grandad, My cousin and I were just playing the Sega Megadrive and his (Dead) Grandad asks if he can play. I wouldn't go ion that house for weeks. Apparently he used to visit my cousin quite alot.
"There is no shield to protect us from the one's one used to trust"
a while back on a different thread i posted something about a freaky gohsty thing that happened to me but yeah i cant be bothered writing it out again but yes i do definately believe in ghosts
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Stormx
oh great man god, pray tell: how do I become as cold and emotionless as you?!
I believe in UFOs, but not ghosts. I like believing in stuff like that, but ghosts seem a bit farfetched.
I'm sceptical when it comes to ghosts, even though I swear to have seen them.

I was at Norham Castle in Northumberland with a friend. We were standing in such a position as to see both the entrance and ext to the dungeon (the exit is on the side). He said he saw someone walking into the dungeon wearing black. Of course, I didn't believe him at first. I glanced at the exit and someone wearing those things monks wear (I can't remember the name right now) left the dungeon and started walking towards us, with his head bowed down. He was wearing a hood over his head away. I was about to ask if he'd seen it as well but when I looked around he was running over the moat back to the village
Quote by madbasslover
i believe in ghosts, but i think the media largely makes them look like a joke with amateur teams of investigators like those morons on the Travel Channel's Most Haunted series and the hokey, cheesy commentaries on Weird Travels. If not for my mother's own stories of growing up in two haunted homes, I wouldn't believe in them, mainly out of negative media influence.

true.. most of those shows are crap, there are some pretty interesting documentaries i've seen though. like the one about that old tuberculosis hospital in tennessee. spooky stuff.
My parents have had an encounter with ghosts before...

I'd say atleast 10 years ago, my parents were at this party and it was really late at night. Well, one of my dad's really good friends was totally trashed as he tried to leave the party. My dad tried to stop him but the friend just said that he'd be fine and he left anyway. Well, the next morning the phone rang and my mom answered it. The voice on the other line calmly said, "Is Dave (my dad) there?" My mom said she knew it was the friend from before by his voice, so she said, "Oh, I'm sorry Rob, he's sleeping right now. Do you want me to wake him up?" Again, quite calmly, he answered, "Oh now, I don't want to bother him. Just let him know I called. Also, tell him that I'm sorry." After that, he just suddenly hung up. Well, later on in the afternoon, my mom finally got around to telling my dad that his friend had called that morning. My dad just got extremely wide-eyed then just started mumbling, "No, no... That's... that's not possible!" My mom was a tad worried and asked him what was wrong. He just answered, "There's no way that's possible! I was just told that they found Rob hanging from a tree at around 2 a.m., just a little while after he left the party."
Why are ghosts so frightening when infact if they are real, then surely death must not be the end?
I live close to some so-called haunted plantations, like the Myrtles. Just a bunch of hanging slaves incidents and voodoo bull. They are a little freaky though.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
I believe very strongly in ghosts. Though mostly anecdotal, there are huge amounts of evidence. Heck, there have been two books made on verifiable ghost happenings in British Columbia alone. I personally have only had one ghostly encounter I can't think of any explanation for. I was home alone, getting something from my freezer. All the windows and doors were shut, and my freezer doesn't close itself when it's left hanging open. Anyway, I opened the door and let go of it and started looking. The weird thing was, the freezer hit me so hard in the back of the head that I got a goose egg.

Also notably, at my grandma's house, which always feels haunted, I have several times woken with a jolt while I was dozing for no reason. Like, I'm just half asleep and lightly dreaming, then suddenly I'll hear someone say in the real world something like "anybody freeze", that never makes sense, and then I'll wake up with my heart pounding alone in the room.
You will find me as cute as your favourite nephew
Until I break your knees with a baseball bat
You will find me so kind, I'll be someone you like
Until I brush your teeth with a razorblade
Quote by raisinbran
Why are ghosts so frightening when infact if they are real, then surely death must not be the end?

I have no idea. They have malicious intent only EXTREMELY rarely, and are more often actually friendly. I think I might have spectrophobia.
ive seen a ghost. ive never been so scared in my life. i wasnt fearing for my life; i didnt think i was going to be harmd, but it scared the **** out of me.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Quote by NotOneWithNames
ive seen a ghost. ive never been so scared in my life. i wasnt fearing for my life; i didnt think i was going to be harmd, but it scared the **** out of me.

Little more specific? I looove ghost stories.
Quote by stormchaser
Little more specific? I looove ghost stories.

its a lonnnnng story. . . . . if you really want it ill type it, but i gotta find a cig first. . . .
Yay! type it!
yes i do. some buddies of mine got real deep into the whole ghost hunting thing and i went on a couple trips with them to the graveyard for documentng and that **** is REAL. They made a tape for a project in high school tht terrified people in the room and even made some people cry. They have photos tht you can see people in tht are not there, like clouded outlines with faces and video footage tht have some real creepy sounds and things tht were never there before, and trust me its not hoaxed cuz they dont have the technology or the know how to create tht fake ****. so do i believe? yah
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by stormchaser
Yay! type it!

fair warning. . . .there will be lots of typeos and the grammer will be horrible, but youll get the story.

so i my buddy from college live in huntsville and he was going home for a few weeks and i was ff work so i figured i go and see his part of town. we both are big into fishing and he knew a great place to go catfishing so i was down for the little trip. anyway we drive about 2 hours from tuscaloosa to huntsville and we get there around 9ish. so we go drop off his ****, get some beer, 2 chairs, and our fishing equipment. now the part of huntsville where my buddy live could be be described as "east boodah **** middle of no where damnit where are we are we the first to be here" kind of place. so we drive to this little bitty pond to go cat fishin. we park the car on the side of the pond closest to the road and walk to the other side so the car is directly infront of us on the other side of the pond. (important) so as were walking tot he place where we intend to fish we "somthing" not sure what it is and we dont really care, but we stop and look. as we stare it lowers itself to the ground, like someone kneeling down we take a few steps forward and its gone. we think nothing of it. so we sit donw and crack open a beer and cast out a line. now for a little info on the surroundings. infront of me is the pond, the car, and the road. nothing more. no lights, no houses, no street signs. NOTHING. behind me is a feild of corn and behind the feild of corn is a wooded area of THICK pines. so anyway were fishing and i keep hearing cyoties (wow i dont even know how to begin to spell that word) and everytime i hear one i turn around to see if i can hear it, beacuse it sounds like it is right behind me. about the 3 time i hear one howl o turn and about 75 yards away on the edge of the pine thicket i see "somthing", the same thing we saw standing by the pond. i tell my buddy to look and its gone. sooooo now were jsut like what the **** and its gettin a little sketchy. noones knows where we are and its about 2 in the morning. we kind of laugh it off and keep fishing. well about a cig later i hear another cyotie and it sound like it is maybe 2 feet behind me so i turn around quickly to look and about 15 yards infront of me is "somthing" not this "somthing" is a ghost. about 6 feet tall, you can see that it has a head, a neck, a body, arms, and legs, but its blurry. blurry enough so ytou cant see destinct things like fingers eyes and toes, but you know if it wasnt so blurry you would see those things. so i stared at it for about 2 min. it dindt move and my buddy is like ryan lets ****in go. so we get up and start to walk away. (we left everyhitng but the beer and the poles). my buddy is infront of me and he takes of, so i do the same and when i tunr around it is WALKING towards out ****. not floating or anyhting. walking liek youand i would on to feet a "stride". we get to the car directly on the other sid eof the pond from the gear and its still there kneeling by the water. it stand sup and runs towrds us. we get in the car and take of. my buddys had were shaking so bad he couldnt shift the gear. we road home in first gear for about 20 min. now. my theory is we kind of invaded this ghost space and he was just trying to sneak up behind us to see what we were doing. if you were in a room with a bright light and no windows and you stared at the light for about 15 seconds and then you turnd off the light. what you would see is what the ghost looked like it.
Edit for my story. i had ONE beer. my buddy had 2. we had half a case. we stoped drinking beacuse it seemed to be a little sketchy. the beer had nothing to do with what i saw.
Quote by NotOneWithNames
fair warning. . . .there will be lots of typeos and the grammer will be horrible, but youll get the story.
[insert long, horribly written story here]

[/headache]

apparently you're not one with words, either.
Quote by madbasslover

[/headache]

apparently you're not one with words, either.

its not so much that as it is i dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuck. i typed the story. better then nothing. didnt want to do it.
Quote by NotOneWithNames

so i my buddy from college live in huntsville and he was going home for a few weeks and i was ff work so i figured i go and see his part of town. we both are big into fishing and he knew a great place to go catfishing so i was down for the little trip. anyway we drive about 2 hours from tuscaloosa to huntsville and we get there around 9ish. so we go drop off his ****, get some beer, 2 chairs, and our fishing equipment. now the part of huntsville where my buddy live could be be described as "east boodah **** middle of no where damnit where are we are we the first to be here" kind of place. so we drive to this little bitty pond to go cat fishin. we park the car on the side of the pond closest to the road and walk to the other side so the car is directly infront of us on the other side of the pond. (important) so as were walking tot he place where we intend to fish we "somthing" not sure what it is and we dont really care, but we stop and look. as we stare it lowers itself to the ground, like someone kneeling down we take a few steps forward and its gone. we think nothing of it. so we sit donw and crack open a beer and cast out a line. now for a little info on the surroundings. infront of me is the pond, the car, and the road. nothing more. no lights, no houses, no street signs. NOTHING. behind me is a feild of corn and behind the feild of corn is a wooded area of THICK pines. so anyway were fishing and i keep hearing cyoties (wow i dont even know how to begin to spell that word) and everytime i hear one i turn around to see if i can hear it, beacuse it sounds like it is right behind me. about the 3 time i hear one howl o turn and about 75 yards away on the edge of the pine thicket i see "somthing", the same thing we saw standing by the pond. i tell my buddy to look and its gone. sooooo now were jsut like what the **** and its gettin a little sketchy. noones knows where we are and its about 2 in the morning. we kind of laugh it off and keep fishing. well about a cig later i hear another cyotie and it sound like it is maybe 2 feet behind me so i turn around quickly to look and about 15 yards infront of me is "somthing" not this "somthing" is a ghost. about 6 feet tall, you can see that it has a head, a neck, a body, arms, and legs, but its blurry. blurry enough so ytou cant see destinct things like fingers eyes and toes, but you know if it wasnt so blurry you would see those things. so i stared at it for about 2 min. it dindt move and my buddy is like ryan lets ****in go. so we get up and start to walk away. (we left everyhitng but the beer and the poles). my buddy is infront of me and he takes of, so i do the same and when i tunr around it is WALKING towards out ****. not floating or anyhting. walking liek youand i would on to feet a "stride". we get to the car directly on the other sid eof the pond from the gear and its still there kneeling by the water. it stand sup and runs towrds us. we get in the car and take of. my buddys had were shaking so bad he couldnt shift the gear. we road home in first gear for about 20 min. now. my theory is we kind of invaded this ghost space and he was just trying to sneak up behind us to see what we were doing. if you were in a room with a bright light and no windows and you stared at the light for about 15 seconds and then you turnd off the light. what you would see is what the ghost looked like it.

nice story, i would have had a heart attack or fainted.
Quote by NotOneWithNames
well about a cig later i hear another cyotie and it sound like it is maybe 2 feet behind me so i turn around quickly to look and about 15 yards infront of me is "somthing" not this "somthing" is a ghost. about 6 feet tall, you can see that it has a head, a neck, a body, arms, and legs, but its blurry. blurry enough so ytou cant see destinct things like fingers eyes and toes, but you know if it wasnt so blurry you would see those things. so i stared at it for about 2 min. it dindt move and my buddy is like ryan lets ****in go. so we get up and start to walk away. (we left everyhitng but the beer and the poles). my buddy is infront of me and he takes of, so i do the same and when i tunr around it is WALKING towards out ****. not floating or anyhting. walking liek youand i would on to feet a "stride". we get to the car directly on the other sid eof the pond from the gear and its still there kneeling by the water. it stand sup and runs towrds us. we get in the car and take of. my buddys had were shaking so bad he couldnt shift the gear. we road home in first gear for about 20 min. now. my theory is we kind of invaded this ghost space and he was just trying to sneak up behind us to see what we were doing. if you were in a room with a bright light and no windows and you stared at the light for about 15 seconds and then you turnd off the light. what you would see is what the ghost looked like it.

Thats why u bring a gun, threaten to shoot it, if it doesnt respond in 5 seconds, unload on it, how ever if it still come towards u, get the heck out of there, and order a bomb strike. Worked for me that time i thought i heard a ghost in my attic, poor squirrel
Last edited by rockr09 at Aug 2, 2006,
one time i saw this ghost, so i boned him up the ass. oh wait that was your mom. OWNED!
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
Page 1 of 2