Page 1 of 2
Buckethead gives me nightmares :p

i have no idea to what that technique is, but it is pretty cool, why does he scrape his fingers on the wall after he taps?
bump, please someone help me. i really wanna know wat this is
my best guess is he's not pressing the notes down to the frets and combining this with a wah pedal. probably wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.
It's just an autowah pedal. That's all. The magazine gives you a tab. Just play it and add autowah. And he scratches his fingers on the wall for show. He's supposed to have been raised by chickens, so it's a warmup kind of thing for show.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by Punk_Ninja
i have no idea to what that technique is, but it is pretty cool, why does he scrape his fingers on the wall after he taps?

Why does he wear masks?

Why does he have a bucket on his head?

How old is this man?

The answer to all these questions: It doesn't matter... he is god damned Buckethead.
I believe he scrapes his fingers on the wall to wipe sweat off?

He wears a mask becuase it's gimmicky

He has a bucket on his head because of a whim that one day he decided to do it.

His name is Brian Carroll and he's 37 years old.

He was taught by Paul Gilbert
Buckethead is my favourite guitarist. If you're interested in him check out the Giant Robot or Monsters and Robots CDs.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Buckethead is my favourite guitarist. If you're interested in him check out the Giant Robot or Monsters and Robots CDs.

we're not interested.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
we're not interested.

I was mainly talking to the thread starter, who said he liked that video of Buckethead playing you dumb ****.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by strangedogs
we're not interested.

prick

I find it funny that your sig includes the words "death metal" and "Godsmack" in one area. You're 54 years old, listen to Godsmack, and spend all of your time on an internet forum picking on 14 year olds. I'm also willing to bet that you're not married and live alone in a small, dark apartment. Go away.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by YoungPilgrim
prick

I find it funny that your sig includes the words "death metal" and "Godsmack" in one area. You're 54 years old, listen to Godsmack, and spend all of your time on an internet forum picking on 14 year olds. I'm also willing to bet that you're not married and live alone in a small, dark apartment. Go away.

I shed a tear for the man you insulted...BECAUSE I LAUGHED SO HARD I CRIED! HWARHWAR!
Agile Al-3000 prestige, Carvin V3 half stack, Fender 75, Line 6 spider 112, roland microcube, JT serpent, JT Sg Custom, Washburn D-100, PODXTL, Monster Powerconditioner, George L's cords
ALL MY POSTS ARE *MY OPINION* GO HOME TROLLS!
^ a little strange?..
Quote by YoungPilgrim
prick

I'm 17
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik

I'm 17

My mistake
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
hes fast but Im hearing the same speedy major scale mixed with pentatonic licks in quite a few of his songs (3 songs sounded like the same solo) which mostly seem like grooves you would play with your drum machine at home, people bash Yngwie for playing the same scales but he has over a dozen albums of varying and much more interesting rythyms and he mixes up patterns and licks alot more. with bucket its speed major then bluesy madagascar melodies. Hes a great guitarist but I like Yngwie better.

One person, a non shredder, in the original recording section commented that the little solo in my sig was too repetitive(I play the 2nd solo), bucket plays the same lick from 6:16 to 6:58 in the song below, 42 seconds of the same lick. I never played the same lick more than 10 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZN5sB8aPs&mode=related&search=buckethead

I guess in this starved for talented guitarists age we live in now any new bit of fast playing we can get we take, like Zacky and Synyster. Ill take Yngwie, Vai, Vinnie Moore, Jason Becker, Al DiMeola, and even Vivian Cambell over bucket any day. Do yourself a favor and dl Al DiMeola - Flight Over Rio, Mediterranean Sundance, and Lady of Rome,Sister of Brazil now thats shred with flavor, passion, sensibility and meaning that takes the listener to another plain.
Last edited by CustomCustom at Aug 1, 2006,
hes scrapping his hand on the wall coz hes sayin look i can do all this an still have time to scrape the wall!!
Sorry For Spelling Errors
Quote by CustomCustom
hes fast but Im hearing the same speedy major scale mixed with pentatonic licks in quite a few of his songs (3 songs sounded like the same solo) which mostly seem like grooves you would play with your drum machine at home, people bash Yngwie for playing the same scales but he has over a dozen albums of varying and much more interesting rythyms and he mixes up patterns and licks alot more. with bucket its speed major then bluesy madagascar melodies. Hes a great guitarist but I like Yngwie better.

One person, a non shredder, in the original recording section commented that the little solo in my sig was too repetitive, bucket plays the same lick from 6:16 to 6:58 in the song below, 42 seconds of the same lick. I never played the same lick more than 10 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z6H5pEemm8&mode=related&search=buckethead

I guess in this starved for talented guitarists age we live in now any new bit of fast playing we can get we take, like Zacky and Synyster. Ill take Yngwie, Vai, Vinnie Moore, Jason Becker, Al DiMeola, and even Vivian Cambell over bucket any day. Do yourself a favor and dl Al DiMeola - Flight Over Rio, Mediterranean Sundance, and Lady of Rome,Sister of Brazil now thats shred with flavor, passion, sensibility and meaning that takes the listener to another plain.

Accusing Buckethead of sameness is the best display of ignorance I've heard all year. Listen to the album 'Colma', compare it to 'Electric Tears', compare both of those to 'Enter the Chicken', and compare all three to 'Monsters and Robots'. He goes from funk, blues, classical, SPANISH, cultural, heavy metal, rock, alternative, progressive, black metal - anything. ****, he's even done stuff with rap. He also plays a lot of amazing country (chicken picking). Seriously. He has more versatility than ME. Yngwie mostly plays baroque or anything minor harmonic. And covers.

Edit - Buckethead scrapes his fingers on the wall for SHOW. Jesus. Get over it. He wears a ****ing mask and a KFC bucket on his head. Does he have to have a reason for scraping his fingers?

EDIT 2 In that link you posted, Buckethead was putting on a show with nunchaku and pop lock dancing. Not looking for music in that part.
Last edited by God Am at Aug 1, 2006,
EDIT: sorry I changed the link above^

post some links Im only seeing him play the same ****. and Im not a fan of the claypool type asynchronous noise for rythym style, to each thier own.
Links my ass. You told me to download, you do the same. Download the albums I mentioned. Electric Tears is my favorite. Colma is second. Enter the Chicken has mostly guest stars and some incredible heavy music. Some songs would be Sketches of Spain (For Miles), Nottingham Lace, Big Sur Moon, Binge & Grab, Funbus, and Three Fingers. Then I DARE you to tell me he's boring. I ****ing dare you. By the way, I love Al DiMeola. I also love Chopin, Howlin' Wolf, Jeff Beck, Robert Johnson, and all of them. So don't think I'M limited either.
You said Yngwie was more diverse, so I felt the need to prove you wrong. I didn't say you had to like him.
I didnt say diverse I said he had alot more interesting rythyms and riffs over the course of his career, but like I said Im defintaely not into the Claypool type of grooving making odd riffs for the sake of sounding odd.
If I want spanish influence Ill take Al, John and Paco, or Vinnie Moore. If I want want neo classical Ill put on Yngwie. etc etc Im just not sure what I would have to want in order to put on bucket.
big sur moon was nice but lacked the musicality I look for. sounds like a satch out take that didnt make the cut
Quote by xpostcorex
Ahh, what is that button he pusses in the third figure?
What does it do?

its a killswitch, which kills the sound when he presses it. and now how about i actually answer the question that the threadstarter had. the technique that buckethead uses in figure 6 is called chicken picking. and on a final note, i consider buckethead to be the greatest guitarist...ever...i dont care if you dont think so, so dont bother posting something saying how im an idiot and such, cuz that will just prove that you are an idiot, for not being able to accept that other people can have opinions that differ from yours
Go get your shovel.
button cuts off the output of the guitar like turning the neck pup volume all the way down on a les paul then switching the pup selector from bridge to neck pup.
Hybrid picking with a wah/auto-wah.
EDIT: Maybe with a slapback delay sort of thing too.
Last edited by El Codyo at Aug 1, 2006,
threadstarter: Its a slight palm mute before every note, then taking it off just after plucking it. Or at least thats how I get that tone.

And I think he rubs his hand on the wall to make hid fingers more sensitive for tapping.
Dickless.
its chicken picking, its what it is called, that is the technique..chicken picking, its where you use your fingers and pick at the same time, its kinda like hybrid picking but a different form
Go get your shovel.
DUDE!! It's Buckethead! He fuckin' rocks man! Very weird, he tours with Primus a lot I believe. Damn good guitar player. He's playin a concert in my area soon...

How many people do you know that can tap - sweep?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Last edited by flyingjew34 at Aug 2, 2006,
Quote by YoungPilgrim
prick

thats some finger lickin good pwnage right there.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
Where can i find the tab for this stuff ??

Actually this interview came out of the magazine Guitar One. It had malmsteem as well. This interview came on the cd included with guitar one. The magazine has it all tabbed out.
Jesus, he's sick.

I wonder if he ever got laid.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
meh tbh i cant stand bucketheads playing, hes talented sure but i just cant get into him, i do however like his guitar
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by cubedeathk
Actually this interview came out of the magazine Guitar One. It had malmsteem as well. This interview came on the cd included with guitar one. The magazine has it all tabbed out.

I'm definately gonna find it, thanks
Page 1 of 2