Here's my dilemna. I have a Caparison Dellinger-CA and cannot find a pickup that suits it. I have tried tons of EQ styles, active and passive, alnico and ceramic, seymour and dimarzio and EMG, and nothing sounds any good. To give you a reference point, I LOVE the JB as a lead pickup, but it does not have enough balls in the rhythm area. I play metal in the vein of Arch Enemy and God Forbid and like the leads of the both bands plus Marty Friedman before he turned into a J-pop-wannabe fag. I have EMGs in my les paul and I have a dimarzio Super D in my explorer and now an Invader in my Jackson Custom Kelly. I love the clarity of the JB but i want more output. I tried the Duncan Distortion and there is absolutely no feel in the lead area like the JB. The EMG 81 and 85 are the same despite having the rhythm tone perfect. The dimarzio super D, evo, and X2N do not have the high end clarity of the JB. Is it possible to take the JB and insert ceramic poles and then rewind it in order to get more output like Eddie did with a Gibson PAF and a Dimarzio?

So here's the rules. Im not putting actives in this guitar again because they sound like **** in this guitar. Don't mention any Swineshead or bareknuckles, if i can't hear samples on the site then **** em (Warpigs look like **** on a shingle and I ain't importing anything). And I want something with the output of a Super D, but with the EQ of the JB. Please let me know if there is a pickup i overlooked or if it is hopeless for me. Has anyone tried the Super 3? Oh, and I play a 5150 II with JJ tubes and the rig listed below.
Caparison Dellinger-CA
MIJ Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Custom Kelly
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

Cry Baby 535Q
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Digitech delay
Ibanez TS-9
BBE Sonic Stomp
NS-2 Noise Gate

Peavey 5150II
Marshall 1960AV cab
Last edited by Mdragoon at Aug 1, 2006,
Hmm, could you get custom pickups made for you? Sounds like that would be the best option really, although it could be a bit pricy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Dude a pickup isnt going to make that big of a difference. Chances are if you CANNOT get the sound your looking for..the problem lies elsewhere in the chain.

ANd you are a cocky bastard to boot.
Im not trying to be cocky, i just hate it when all these 13 year olds tell everyone that EMGS OWNZ. I tried to sound like a dick to discourage all the Warpig spam and deaf diehard, toneless EMG lovers. The problem does not lie somewhere else in the chain if you mean player wise. I am one of the first to tell people that tone comes from the fingers, and I have gone through all my equipment and modded and customized it myself along the way (the last one being my tubescreamer) as i have better trained my ears and this is just the last step. After getting my amp modded and the tubes changed, the amp just shines more and gives away the EQ and power of the pickups a little more. I used to love my JB, but now that my 5150 sounds incredible i find the JB lacking in the rhythm end although i love the juicy and very responsive leads. In case you think its the amp mod, I played my JB through my friends stock 5150 combo and can still recognize the subtleties of the JB in terms of lacking.
Caparison Dellinger-CA
MIJ Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Custom Kelly
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

Cry Baby 535Q
TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Digitech delay
Ibanez TS-9
BBE Sonic Stomp
NS-2 Noise Gate

Peavey 5150II
Marshall 1960AV cab
try a Gibson 500T/496R set, they get really damn good metal tones, and they come stock on a couple of gibsons (flying v standards and maybe a couple of other ones if im not mistaken) though they might be a bit bright for you there the best thing i can think of short of Swinesheads or Bareknuckles for what youre playing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Beefed up JB, you say?

Try the Seymour Dave Mustaine Live Wire set, it's based on a JB and '59 set, but active.
No **** you're not getting a good tone... you're playing through a fackin' Peavey (and a 5150 at that). Instead of spending thousands of dollars on nice guitars, maybe you should get yourself a decent amp.
Quote by Mdragoon
Im not trying to be cocky, i just hate it when all these 13 year olds tell everyone that EMGS OWNZ. I tried to sound like a dick to discourage all the Warpig spam and deaf diehard, toneless EMG lovers.

wtf, you could have easily just said emg's aren't your thing, you didn't have to insult eveyone that uses them.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by N_I_N-621
No **** you're not getting a good tone... you're playing through a fackin' Peavey (and a 5150 at that). Instead of spending thousands of dollars on nice guitars, maybe you should get yourself a decent amp.

Says the little man with sub-par gear.

Whats wrong with a 5150? it > you.