Hey guys,
A while back i made a volume pedal, it kinda sucked as the pot was just atached to the pivot, so the pot didnt turn the full rotation. This one also kinda sucks. but its 'cooler' than the last one.
A couple of days ago i decided to try again, this time it works like most comercial volume pedals.. i think..
my second attempt works better than the first in the way it sounds, but unfortunatly the first one felt a lot better and more stable, this one grinds a bit. the fact that i didnt measure anything didnt help that just whacked it together.
I used lego bits for the mechanism and an old pot from a computer joystick.
Here are some pictures.

Lol Extrordinary (sp?) - Lego Mechanism - Well, well done, sounds like it does the job. You should try and tidy the wood up a bit, and maybe paint it?
Are gaming joystick pots logarithmic audio taper?! anywho.. ye, wel done on getting this one to work properly...

Yes, now just find a home for the jacks and a dab of paint and you're away...

A passive volume isn't very nice...treble loss and tone sucking is rife.
But interesting setup for sure.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Pink has a good point. Where in your chain will it be? Plus I would recommend sheilding it as you would the body of a guitar or it will hum like crazy. I did one a while back and switched to active after not liking passive. Mine was done in a sheilded radioshack plastic box and I used the extra metal bottom for the pedal.

PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Build a booster or something, with the pot acting as the volume pot.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.