when I play power chords, it doesn't sound right. whats the problem? it's also hard to press down on the strings.
To me, open chords sound better on acoustic guitars. You need to clarify a bit. Nobody can tell you what the problem is if you don't explain what it sounds like. As far as it being hard to press down on the strings, suck it up and press harder. Acoustic strings are thicker and not as slinky as electrics are, so you may need to press harder to sound your notes.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
yeah i think you just need to get a bit more strength on it and fret harder. i have the heaviest gauge they sell on my acoustic and i can play chords fine and most stuff. Bending is the only major issue. I say u stick with it and try using different finger combinations eg first and 4th, 1st and 3rd, or 1st, 3rd and 4th, depending your powerchords and stuff.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Power chords dont really sound good on accoustics, it would be wise to use barre chords instead. As for the strings being hard to push down, deal with it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^^ it depends what hes playing, if hes playing stuff thats for acoustic instruments well yeah barre chord and open chords, but if you're just playing some rock song that has distortion powerchords will sound fine. I do the same, i practice everything on my acoustic for speed building and strength reasons, but if i wrote an acoustic song i'd use barre chords.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
true, but you shouldnt expect power chords to sound good on an accoustic, unless you are playing the accoustic through an amp with distortion, which kind of defeats the purpose of playing an accoustic.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ur strings r prolly out of tune or u reversed the positioning, lotsa things can go wrong look at an on line lesson
oh yeah if you've changed strings recently and took them all off at once make sure your bridge thingy didnt fall out and get put in the wrong way, cause that would stuff up your inotation and make most frettings sound wierd.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M