so ive had my les paul for a long while and i had to put some duct tape on the strap here and there, and put a couple stickers on and took em off, and theres a little junk on it, and just looks kinda greasy in general. what should i use to clean it? i dont wanna go out and buy special guitar cleaning kits or anything, whats some stuff at home i could use without destroying the wood or anything?
wood polish?
Quote by HornyUnicorn
Blow on your thumb as hard as you can. See what happens, post results back here.
cloth, and water
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
just use a damp cloth for the wood bits and to use dab a bit of coca cola onto a cloth for the chrome bits
when i die bury me deep, lay two speakers at my feet, put some headphones on my head and rock and roll me till i'm dead
You make it sound like buying a cleaning kit requires emptying your 401K plan. Honestly, cheap-a**, you've probably spent more money this year on picks. If buying a six-dollar cleaning kit is going to send you spiraling into bankruptcy, Einstein, you should have probably thought about that before you decided to apply duct tape and stickers to your guitar.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
^^ Woah, someone there likes Metallica a bit toooo much.
Quote by tommyt
you see what youve done draken youve unleashed airplay upon unsuspecting teens, damn you and your self righteous reportyness

buttsecks?

"Cookies? Who said you could eat *my* cookies?!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Whether I like Metallica too much or not doesn't mean I don't have a valid point. Now, I can't say for certain, but I'd bet that at least half of you were thinking the same thing that I wrote. Come on, six dollars to prolong the finish and fretboard of your guitar. Those kits last awhile too. You might have to buy one once a year.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
"goo gone" ur parents might already have some. its an oil removes stickers and tape marks. (make sure its the original brand safe on paint)

also, a little soapy damp rag on painted parts goes a long way.

just dont get unfinished woods wet.

and like said, pick up a guitar polish for painted parts, and fretboard oil for the board (unless maple)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sorry to hijack the thread, but what would you use to clean a maple fretboard?
Quote by Danno13
lemon oil.

thats if its fully lacquered if not and some areas have been rubbed away regular guitar cleaner and pollisher with toothbrush works
maple= guitar polish like said.

"most" of the time they are finished, and an oil will just sit on top smear and maybe even stain the neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

what about unfinished guitars? what do you use to clean it? And, i have an epi special 2 (i know, dont laugh) and the neck is all nastified, what do i use on it, can i use a synthetic oil, since it doesnt decay fast, or lemon oil?
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
I've got this stuff called "Dr Duck's AxWax"... it says on the bottle its good for everything- bodies, bridges, frets and fretboards. I didn't get how that was possible, but I tried it and this stuff works wonders, man. It makes my guitar's finish and frets shine like new, and it works great on the fretboard.
1. no u cant make lemon oil.
2. unfinished parts get oil. finished parts get a light natural oil like lemon or linseed.
3. ive heard other guys like Dr ducks too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62