Hey, I need to know of a good method to memorize keys in, I have tried playing all the notes up and down the fretboard, for example this is how i would play E
e|---------------0-|--0----------|
B|------------5----|----5--------|
G|----------9------|------9------|
D|-------2---------|--------2----|
A|----7------------|----------7--|
E|--0--------------|-----------0-|

That method works farely well, but I was wondering, you guys know a better one?

Thanks in advance
i have no clue what your saying
what your asking, how to memorise keys, is different to what your showing, how to locate a few E's on the fretboard.
i think you're mistaken playing the same note all over the place and keys. Memorising keys is really learning the rules to get a certain type of key and the ways scales come from the keys, like a natural minor scale will start on the 6th note of a major scale, and be in a different key like you Dminor scale comes from your Emajor scale. This is probably screwed up. But playing a bunch of E's isnt really a key, ofcourse it will work in that key but doesnt give you much to play with.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
i suggest learning your key signatures and your major and minor scales patterns so you can learn the notes in a certain key that way if you're not to good on paper.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Yeah, I'm sorry, I meant Keys, and the tab I showed only shows the E's on on the first 12 frets.
ok music theory is often trick and hard to grasp at first, so good luck, and if you ever get stuck or misunderstand something ask so you dont learn it wrong. hope i helped ya out
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
yeah i'm only been playing about 19 months i think but theory comes natural to me i think and its bloody great and rewarding to be able to learn it and use it.

the way i remember the key signatures is for major keys

F C G D A E B and when u write a key signature they go in the key signature in that order, so once ya start to memorise how many is for each letter it becomes easy, i'm getting quite good at this now, but i have some slip ups. Always remember that Fmajor has only a Bb in it. So many drummers at school got that wrong in the test lol.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Quote by rockstar_jones
yeah i'm only been playing about 19 months i think but theory comes natural to me i think and its bloody great and rewarding to be able to learn it and use it.

the way i remember the key signatures is for major keys

F C G D A E B and when u write a key signature they go in the key signature in that order, so once ya start to memorise how many is for each letter it becomes easy, i'm getting quite good at this now, but i have some slip ups. Always remember that Fmajor has only a Bb in it. So many drummers at school got that wrong in the test lol.

Very good. Just remember that C is the only key (Am too) that has no sharped nor flatted notes in the scale. Now starting at C in the circle of fifths, going clockwise will add sharps and going counterclockwise will add flats all the way back to C. Yes it will but we don't like to write (##)s and (bb)s. Because of that we convert the scales with double (#)s to scales with (b)s and scales with (bb)s to scales with (#)s.

Once you see it it's really simple.

Why do we have all that (#)s and (b)s? It's the same intervals as C but with different roots (tonics) so for G to have the same intervals as C we have to sharped the note F to F# thus the G scale have one sharped note.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+