Well, I have been playing for about 9 months, I am not that great or anything, but I am looking to get a new guitar, I have 1000-1300 to spend, I want to get a nice one so I won't have to upgrade it anytime soon. the one I have now is some no-name "Ariana" Strat knock-off. I like to play Metal, Blues, and Jazz.

So...any suggestions?
get a squir afinity strat they pwn!!!
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

lol that was a joke^
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

Okay, but I'm pretty serious about this i'm going to Guitar Center this weekend, and I don't want to get something that is trash.
what amp do you have? and what tones are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I got a 200$ Fender amp, not great, but i'll get an upgrade for christmas, or something. But i'm not really going for any certain tone, I want a guitar that can shred, and you can play it for hours straight. I'll definatly check out the Ibanez RG's, I was interested in those prior to this post.
Les Paul, or Strat

Les Paul if
You like the feel
you dont play too much blues

Strat if
You like the feel
You dont play too much metal (you could get a humbucker equipped strat for metal though)

if you do get a strat i suggest an emrican fat strat and a pick-up change for a more distorted humbucker, or a deluxe players one, they look so nice
I'm thinking Washburn Pilsen Idol, Dean USA Hardtail, PRS CE22, Gibson LP Studio, or a Fender American Fat Strat.
get a gibson sg standard, wonderfull guitars i'v played em. But u might wanna buy a cheaper guitar and pay $500 or so for the amp. The amp is like 70% of the sound.
maybe check out the Ibanez S-, SA-, or SZ-series, depending on what kind and if you want a trem or not. I like the S's best myself, of the ones I've tried anyway.

here's some on MF:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/compare?g=guitar&base_pid=519986&base_pid=519985&base_pid=519964&base_pid=517961&base_pid=519983&base_pid=517962
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Yeah, I think i'm gonna get a 600$ Marshall Half-stack, and a 600-800 Inbanez. Because I need an amp that i can do gigs with, and I think that would get it done, thanks a lot guys.
^ what marshall? you'd better say "second hand jcm800" and not "MG" or "AVT"...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Myth: You need a halfstack to gig

Truth: I gig with my Vox ad50vt. Anything to big for it, most things would have to be miked up anyway.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by Mcassidy42
Yeah, I think i'm gonna get a 600$ Marshall Half-stack

Screw you, too.
can someone tell me what kind of a pickup i should buy. i mostly play rock, punk and funk, no heavy metal for me. also incl approx cost of the pick up pleezzzzzz
^ make a new thread. and remember to include what kit you already have, and a rough budget that you're willing to go to (pickups range from about $30 each to about $200 each, not counting original paf's)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lol, Danno you got something against Marshall amps? I don't know much about guitar equipment, so please don't give me s*** if I say something stupid, like "I think im gonna by a 600 Marshall halve stack". I'll definatly think twice about it now.
^ click on the electric guitar forum button, then there should be a "start new thread" button somewhere near the top.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mcassidy42
Lol, Danno you got something against Marshall amps? I don't know much about guitar equipment, so please don't give me s*** if I say something stupid, like "I think im gonna by a 600 Marshall halve stack". I'll definatly think twice about it now.

Haha, no, I was half-kidding. It's just, a lot of threads end up with someone telling someone else how bad the Marshall MG amps are, and I assumed that's what you meant. I have nothing against Marshall as a brand.

Please don't take any offense, I'm just a generally disagreeable person
Quote by Mcassidy42

the truth is that you cant get a high qulity marshall halfstack for 600.

trust me, you dont need a Halfstack to do gigs, a nice combo will do fine, and they cost less. preferably tube amps. even small tube amps can be loud as hell. for example you can easily do gigs with a 30 watt tube combo.